Raptor Air Oil Catch Can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just did the oil change on mine yesterday. Got pretty much the same minimal amount in each can. Like half a teaspoon in each can.

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed a Raptor specific Moroso product instead of the JLT separator for two reasons, first I like the mounting bracket and second I like brass fittings better than plastic.

PICT0085_zpsfoerbo4d.jpg

PICT0082_zpsgavlaczb.jpg
Here it is installed...

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wish that would've been available back when I was looking to buy one. Although, is that a different bottom piece without the typical ball valve and elbow to allow easy draining? The 6.2L-specific kit on the Moroso site looks different. I searched and found:

Part # Description
85492 Air-Oil Separator Large Body, Ford Raptor 6.2, 2010-13

It also looks like the newer Moroso Raptor-specific kit may have higher capacity than the JLT. Granted, it's not a big deal to check or empty the JLT.

For now, I'm fine with the JLT for the ~$113 I paid for it vs. what looks to be around $155 for the Moroso. I can't say I'm not tempted though.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are several models Moroso offers for the Raptor.
The small and large can without the E-Z drain comes in polished or black anodized.
The E-Z drain model only comes polished and large can. :-(
I wish the bracket would come in black anodized, I painted mine black.

They where available before the JLT kit was put together.

Last edited:

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gotcha. I guess the JLT just had better forum publicity. Haha. Good to know there's options though if I decide to change or "upgrade".

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was amazed how much of a difference the filter upgrade on the JLT improved catching moisture particles. Went from a couple teaspoons to ounces. Wished the tubing allowed for better access though.