Raptor Air Oil Catch Can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
85606_part.jpg
I have been wanting to install an Air oil catch can on the Raptor and found this one by Moroso. Has anyone installed one yet?
85607_1.jpg

Last edited:

ray101381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
blow by doesn't seem to be a problem on NA motors, i did have that same catch can on my evo x

Last edited:
OP
OP
justvettn

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know a lot of guys using them on naturally aspirated motors and catch a lot of oil. It could be a bigger problem for those running synthetic oil.
IMG_0202.jpg

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is new to me, what is it for or what does it do?
Ok, I think it has to due something with the PCV valve, right?
I'm running full synthetic oil and I'm boosted, you think that much comes out of these new engines?

Last edited:

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a point in putting one on a Raptor that is N/A. Makes sense if you are supercharged though.

OP
OP
justvettn

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The picture above is from a naturally aspirated motor after a 230 mile test drive to see how much oil is caught.

ray101381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it basically catches vaporized oil from the crankcase breather and intake tract. to do this properly you really need two air oil separators, otherwise you're just doing half the job. not sure how much of an effect it has on an NA motor but i know from my previous sti's and evos that the oil in the intercooler or anywhere in the intake tract can decrease octane and cause knock.

408RCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are really popular on the gen iii hemi's because they have alot of blow by, havent seen a raptor with alot of build up before tho... :iranmaybe:

BlackSun

Reaction score
I put a dual catch can setup on my Whippled Bullitt Mustang...Synthetic oil. After 2500kms there was hardly anything in them at all. I can't imagine an issue on NA motor, but yet I've seen these examples of oil caught in the catch cans after low mileage. Don't know what's going on there.

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one on my truck..
After seeing this..
043.jpg
045-1.jpg

It kinda sealed the deal...This is a direct resolt of oil making it past the valve cover baffling and entering the intake tube threw the PCV valve...Dirty injectors/throttle plate I will not have..
And of course I cant find a pic. of it on the truck..lmao...
I just put a cheap E-Bay one on...