Randy, can you get nav updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SERG09

Hi Ho Silver
Reaction score
I just did the ''free'' Nav update on my wife's MKX. The packaging Ford sent the USB in had to cost more than the update.

Ford asking me to pay for it on my Raptor ****** me off :flipthebird:

xtcbct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this really covered under 3yr , 36000 mile warranty? That seems too good to be true based on what others said. I'm looking forward to an answer on this so I can find out if my update will be free. Thanks.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No it is not free---verified that. Not part of the "package" on the Raptor is all I can find out. Other vehicles may have it included but not the Raptor. No big deal really because the voice direction on my Droid is better than the truck, it is a little faster but I do love the weather radar on the truck!!!

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in the old days, Nav updates were via CD/DVD, hence the price.

If it can be downloaded via website, transferred to your USB/Thumb Drive, then walk out to your truck and do it yourself, I can't imagine a charge for it.

I had a software update I did via the sync website, i downloaded on a USB drive, then uploaded to my truck.

Just for grins, whats the version of the software update, and the release date? Is this all Navs, or just the 7" ?