Random Static from Speaker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rmax150

Reaction score
Anyone know what this noise is? It just randomly started when I turned off the truck a couple days ago. It happens all the time. Just open the door, radio on, off, remote start, truck on, off, low volume, high volume. It doesn’t increase or decrease with radio volume. 2018 Raptor. B&O center speaker.

adllewis42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what this noise is? It just randomly started when I turned off the truck a couple days ago. It happens all the time. Just open the door, radio on, off, remote start, truck on, off, low volume, high volume. It doesn’t increase or decrease with radio volume. 2018 Raptor. B&O center speaker.

No clue on that one and that sound is totally different than what I was experiencing.

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's very different from what this thread/solution covers, but you can give turning off the WiFi a try and see what happens. Perhaps it could be the fake engine noise lol.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

How long does the noise last before it stops?

Rmax150

Reaction score
FordTechOne, it’s on all the time. I couldn’t stand it yesterday and disconnected the speaker. I’ll connect it this weekend to check WiFi and the surround sound vs stereo setting. I did notice it was less apparent when the bass was lowered but still same pitch and pattern.

Reaction score
Noticed some random brief static coming from the center speaker (I suspect). It's really noticeable when I initiate a phone call, but I also hear it during podcasts and other music from the phone. I haven't tried with FM/AM or SAT yet. Anyone else experience this? I use car play majority of the time when it decides to actually work.

Reaction score
My 2020 Raptor has been having the same problem off and on. Today I went through the Ocean Blue car wash. Speakers were fine before, after the wash the static speakers are back. I think that explains the intermittent problem. I think it’s moisture getting where it shouldn’t be. Then it dries out and fine again. Makes me mad when American made let’s us down.

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you make sure the truck wifi was off? That was the solution I identified a page back.