Losing speakers at startup- B&O

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSI2022

Reaction score
I've had my 2022 for about a month (Dec delivery). 2 days ago, I got into my truck and noticed my XM station sounded incredibly weak. I tried many channels and got the same weak sound. No sound in the back and I was convinced the only speaker noise was the center front. I switched sources to FM and everything sounded normal. I switched it back to XM and sound stayed normal.
Yesterday, same exact thing happened and I tried turning the head unit off first and that did nothing. I switched sources back and forth and I'm back to full stereo sound. Unfortunately, my presets went to some weird stations from several sources I do not use. I turn the truck off and on again...presets are still gone. I go into vehicle settings to see if maybe something looked off and made no changes. I go back to Home Screen and my presets are back. Anyone heard of this?

Last edited:

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 2023 has done this a couple times with the sound only coming from the center dash speaker. Switched it from surround to stereo and then everything was fine. Nothing else changed. Hasn't done it for about 3 weeks now.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The second time it happened i switched back to get it to work right again. I was hoping an over the air update would fix this along with the other problems some people have had with the loud static/squeal noise that randomly happens. Seems like a software issue.

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2023 sound randomly fades away momentarily and gets back to normal on both radio and XM. I have the setting on stereo as surround doesn’t sound too good. Anyone having this issue?

OP
OP
S

SSI2022

Reaction score
One other detail that may be important…..both times the audio went to one speaker, I had used the FordPass app to start it. It was very odd as my seats moved to the furthest away position and I have the easy exit turned off. I wonder if it has something to do with my fob programmed to my settings. I have only used the one fob. Just some wacky stuff.

Bigbell8

Reaction score
I’ve had my 2023 for less than a month (under 600 miles) and this happened to me this morning. After it sat for a couple hours, I came in the house to do some research aka the forum, I went back and everything was back to normal. I was going to change the settings from surround to stereo (like previous mentioned above) however my settings were already on stereo. Guess we will see what happens.

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 2023 has done this a couple times with the sound only coming from the center dash speaker. Switched it from surround to stereo and then everything was fine. Nothing else changed. Hasn't done it for about 3 weeks now.
My 22 does this too, has happened about 3 times so far, I think when I get my first oil change at the dealer I will tell them about it. Maybe just a software bug.

Last edited:

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Knock on wood, ours hasn't done it since I posted about it here. Fingers crossed that it's gonna be ok now. I did go through the fuse panels and make sure all the fuses were fully seated. Maybe that helped..... Idk

Now, I need to figure out why I receive a warning when I turn the steering wheel quickly during parking lot maneuvers . Feels like I'm losing some assist.

cmb396

Reaction score
My 23 has done this a handful of time as well, and I have done the same as you. It has only happened when I do ford my start in the mornings, but doesn't always do the single center speaker thing. Weird.