Radium dual catch can?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mokie

Reaction score
I’m looking into some catch cans and I’m thinking about Radium’s dual catch can system. Is anyone using this and can tell me if they like it or not?

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have them. They look awesome. But they way they mount (or at least, the way my guy mounted them), makes it tough to get to the dip stick.

OP
OP
Mokie

Mokie

Reaction score
I have them. They look awesome. But they way they mount (or at least, the way my guy mounted them), makes it tough to get to the dip stick.
That’s good to know, thank you! Have you had any trouble with the check engine light at all?

CigarPundit

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s good to know, thank you! Have you had any trouble with the check engine light at all?
No problems like that at all. They work great, and I have drain lines with valves to empty them when necessary.

Raptor812

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know they stopped offering the dual catch-can setup. I’m running the single they offer. When I called to ask why they no longer offer the dual. I was told it was because of the crank case sensor is to sensitive and it would cause a check engine light on some trucks.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a Gen 1, but supposedly the UPR ECSS doesn’t trigger CEL’s. I run a pieced together version of it on my 6.2L with Whipple. Nice thing is I don’t have to empty it. The oil just gets returned to the valve cover/crank case when engine vacuum returns to normal.

Edit: Maybe still a gamble. “CEL Note: UPR designed this can so that it does not throw a P04DB trouble code for your F150's VPS sensor. However, even with UPR's updated can design, some F150s may still throw a code, and UPR cannot guarantee with any certainty that their can won't trip a P04DB code. Only a custom tune can permanently disable the VPS sensor and eliminate the P04DB CEL.”

Johan

Reaction score
I am running the JLT 3.0 one and although it is cheap, it does all you need. Good proof was I installed a CVFab Intercooler the other day and zero oil in the system, had it on since 3k miles now at 34k and I empty it with every oil change (5min procedure).

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running the JLT 3.0 one and although it is cheap, it does all you need. Good proof was I installed a CVFab Intercooler the other day and zero oil in the system, had it on since 3k miles now at 34k and I empty it with every oil change (5min procedure).
i have one in my lightning, my turkey pan was getting filled with oil without one.
Collects an 1/8th of a can or so every 2500 miles.
Bout to throw one on the raptor, seems the fittings and hoses have updated for the better since when i got mine a decade ago. When i installed my cvf titan 2 i noticed a decent bit of oil in the pipes.
Also watching FordTechMakalucos channel on the carbon buildup between direct-multi-port im surprised to see the multi still had a fair bit of buildup. Of course could be crappy gas they were using and other factors, but still.

CigarPundit

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know they stopped offering the dual catch-can setup. I’m running the single they offer. When I called to ask why they no longer offer the dual. I was told it was because of the crank case sensor is to sensitive and it would cause a check engine light on some trucks.
That can happen rarely, but it clears itself after a key cycle or two.