GEN 2 Radio Update question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

A prompt recently came up on my screen that said the radio needs an update and please connect to WiFi or be connected to your ford pass app to get it. I immediately turn on my Wifi hotspot from my phone and click yes or okay to proceed. Then nothing ever ends up happening. Is there a better way to get this to work properly? I would like the update and I would also like that prompt to stop showing up

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got this too. Why doesn't it update via the 4G hotspot? I tried but it couldn't find the hotspot.

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good luck with that :facepalm:

Thanks for your usual worthless input Jake, you POS. Why don’t you slither off to a Ram forum and cause problems over there?

There are several threads on problems updating via WiFi. I have not done an update on either of our vehicles, but a number of folks on this forum have apparently had success using the usb update method. Here’s the link to the Ford website covering usb updates:

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-...-and-updates/how-to-install-sync-updates.html

Good luck!

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
he hates raptors and purchased a rebel but still comes back to the Raptor forum? I don't get it.

To the OP .. create an account at Ford Owner site and then you can download the update from there onto a USB drive. I have updated my sync on 2 different Fords and it works like a charm.

Thanks for your usual worthless input Jake, you POS. Why don’t you slither off to a Ram forum and cause problems over there?

There are several threads on problems updating via WiFi. I have not done an update on either of our vehicles, but a number of folks on this forum have apparently had success using the usb update method. Here’s the link to the Ford website covering usb updates:

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-...-and-updates/how-to-install-sync-updates.html

Good luck!

OP
OP
FordPerf Addict

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks man,
Can you drive the vehicle while it’s updating or does it have to be in park?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sher-bant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jake really is a *************.
I cant stand that ************!
**** Jake.