Radio/Nav Steering Wheel Controls - Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No doubt... and send Ford the bill

This is there last chance..and as soon as it is working 100% like it should the shit is coming out and the Pioneer is going in...

Oh, one more thing, since I am not billing any hours anyway, they hinted that it my be my fault, since I MIGHT have a song on my iPod with a virus...and that is causing the problem

That might work with Grandpa but not me...

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Can a song get a virus...i guess it could be corrupted or something...

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont think it would have to do with the data signal from the steering wheel controls. it would corrupt your whole system, not resistence from the buttons. and if there were a virus, the song wouldnt play

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you... that makes sense...hopefully it is the "**** ring" in the steering column, which they ordered

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 started doing the hill decent fault along with no signals, cutting out the nav etc. Thought it might be the 3rd brakelight problem but changed it and no change. As I've been driving it, I've noticed that it cuts in and out more when I make a left turn so I'm thinking it might be in the steering column. I"m wondering if this cockring could be the problem. That or the braklight switch. My truck is out of warranty so I'm on my own for fixing it.
Mil T

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you would think that computer errors are still covered. you might be best taking it to the dealer for diagnosis and then if it wont be covered by warranty, go to a mechanic. they will charge you less than the dealer to fix it. but i personally think the dealer will be the most accurate in the diagnosis of the problem

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2010 started doing the hill decent fault along with no signals, cutting out the nav etc. Thought it might be the 3rd brakelight problem but changed it and no change. As I've been driving it, I've noticed that it cuts in and out more when I make a left turn so I'm thinking it might be in the steering column. I"m wondering if this cockring could be the problem. That or the braklight switch. My truck is out of warranty so I'm on my own for fixing it.
Mil T

Try turning the wheel back and forth while trying your signals, nav options, etc...if everything works while you are turning the wheel or shortly (pardon the pun) after, then it might be in the column

I am taking mine in on Tuesday to fix the "clock screw"...hopefully this should work...

Let us know if what you get...

Fred

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to the dealer...swapped out the clock screw and the steering wheel controls are working, but now there is HIILL DESCENT FAULT AND AN ABS PROBLEM...so back to the dealership tomorrow...also noticed the automatic turn signal cut off is not working...

What a mess...

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

bump

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was my first thought...the hill descent fault and ABS did not become an issue until they replaced the screw in the column for the steering wheel controls...

I now there have been issues with this in the past, but I have tried all the fixes suggested...obviously can't replace the 3rd brake light