Rack Options - HAVOC Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Joe...Jimmy thought about that as well...I really like it...great function and looks clean!

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you explain the quick release in more detail? I need to use my truck to haul cabinet grade plywood several times a year and I want a rack that can remove easily, doesn't leave a cup that sticks up, and one that doesn't weight a ton. This one looks like what I need.

My review of WSI Tire Rack

I spoke with Jimmy several months ago about a tire rack for my truck. He spent time with me finding out what I wanted. We went back and forth. Jimmy asked me questions, I would never have thought to bring up. Jimmy is honestly concerned about providing the correct product with regards as to the intended purpose. We ended up agreeing on the look, function and strength of a single tire mount with the storage and function of a two tire rack system.

So after some time Jimmy came up with the idea of my rack below. The rack is basically two racks in one. I can use the single tire mount option, which by the way is fully adjustable to support different size wheel and tire options. The tire is always secure. I can loosen the four set screws and remove the entire tire and mount with effecting anything else or the rack itself. Thus, I can still use the rack to hold two stock tires or whatever else if desired, with out changing or effecting anything else.

The Quick release Jimmy came up with is great. Once installed, I will have no deed to access the bed bolts again with regards to the rack. There are four nuts that are removed and the rack pops out.

Jimmy suggested I Line-X the rack. I agreed and Jimmy handled that as well. Saving me over $100 in the process. It matches the Line-X in the bed perfectly. The FE mount does not interfere at all with anything else on the rack.

The installation of the High-light Jack is a perfect fit as well. The fuel jugs fit perfectly nestled against the tire as shown below. The Ammo box, which holds lug wrench, tow straps, base for Jake fits perfectly in the center of the rack.

It is a pleasure to work with Jimmy and his patience and persistence is what made this happen.

One more thing. Jimmy included everything I would need, from the bolts and nuts for the "quick release" kit to the perfect size clamps for the FE Mount. Jimmy Even included an extra Jug cap with a flex fill.

Thanks again Jimmy...

Some Pics:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you explain the quick release in more detail? I need to use my truck to haul cabinet grade plywood several times a year and I want a rack that can remove easily, doesn't leave a cup that sticks up, and one that doesn't weight a ton. This one looks like what I need.

I think the only easy way to do it is with a cup.
How many times do you need a rack installed vs needing to haul cabinetry? I say take the few minutes to remove the 4 bed bolts. Put some antisieze on them to keep them lubricated.

Either way, I'm sure WSI has a solution for you. :D

Yukon Joe
GLRE Support Raptor
WWW.RUNRAPTORRUN.COM

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I cannot speak to the design. I would suggest giving Jimmy a call to explain. I can speak to the fact of how it works and looks. There is a nut and washer that thread onto the bolt that is welded onto the bed bolt. Remove the nut and the rack pops off.

The bolt does stick up about an inch, so if you are throwing shit in the back of your truck you could damage it if you are not careful.

I hope that makes sense. It is hard to explain someone else's design and form.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I cannot speak to the design. I would suggest giving Jimmy a call to explain. I can speak to the fact of how it works and looks. There is a nut and washer that thread onto the bolt that is welded onto the bed bolt. Remove the nut and the rack pops off.

The bolt does stick up about an inch, so if you are throwing shit in the back of your truck you could damage it if you are not careful.

I hope that makes sense. It is hard to explain someone else's design and form.

why did you opt for this rather than a hole with a nut welded under the bed?

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why did you opt for this rather than a hole with a nut welded under the bed?

Wilson, the design was created. By Jimmy. I am not sure I understand. But I am all for a better mouse trap.

I don't know how you would get the nut under the bed.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking horse trailers were you can flip the ball around something On that order I'm sure Jimmy would know what I'm talking about.