GEN 2 R1 bbk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, you bought an 8 piston kit for the front and 6 for the rear? Please tell me this can happen with wheels that aren't larger than 18's

ChrisJTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was doing some digging and the brembos 8 pistons fit 17" so i dont see why this wouldn't!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Are you sure? On my 15' JGCSRT had 6 piston and could barely clear the 20's. The spare was a 18 and looked like the center of the rim was coming out about 4in from the outer part just to accommodate them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, you bought an 8 piston kit for the front and 6 for the rear? Please tell me this can happen with wheels that aren't larger than 18's

Wish I could tell you they would fit under 17” but they will not. These gynormis gems are the only reason I went with 20” wheels but I have to say the ridge grapplers have exceeded my expectations.

This set up needs a minimum of 19” wheels. The front rotors with the eight piston calipers are 380mm.

They do make a kit for 17” wheels that is less than $5k. The quality is on par with what I would expect from brembo etc. no way the eight pistons would fit a 17” wheel. The six will.

Weight is aprox. 80 lbs less than stock. I will confirm soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ChrisJTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I could tell you they would fit under 17” but they will not. These gynormis gems are the only reason I went with 20” wheels but I have to say the ridge grapplers have exceeded my expectations.

This set up needs a minimum of 19” wheels. The front rotors with the eight piston calipers are 380mm.

They do make a kit for 17” wheels that is less than $5k. The quality is on par with what I would expect from brembo etc. no way the eight pistons would fit a 17” wheel. The six will.

Weight is aprox. 80 lbs less than stock. I will confirm soon.

Nice. 8 piston on a 20 and 6 in the back. Stop on a dime huh.

Lift_to_suceed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure? On my 15' JGCSRT had 6 piston and could barely clear the 20's. The spare was a 18 and looked like the center of the rim was coming out about 4in from the outer part just to accommodate them.

I got a pair quoted and they said they would fit the stock wheels. Buttt i think asking brembo themselves would be better, there was also a sheet with the measurements for confirming the size of it all

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a little bit of work to do today..,.

99a1e1f99f2e81c7c394d36a83a6983c.jpg
9b252c6269797d7357d7c2db0d520f47.jpg

ChrisJTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a pair quoted and they said they would fit the stock wheels. Buttt i think asking brembo themselves would be better, there was also a sheet with the measurements for confirming the size of it all

Nice. Stopping power is the only thing this beast lacks.