GEN 2 R1 bbk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if I have the wrong lines or these stock threads are messed up but I can’t get the stainless lines threaded...

603d37df7c8c52f2113f68fee617bb62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thread counts do not look the same.

That’s actually the stock line it came out of. I’m wondering if it was junk from the factory....

I think I can cut the end off get a new bolt and flare the end.

I ordered a new brake line just in case and Rick is sending me some different lines.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple of shots of how the truck is sitting now.

She’s on jack stand now figuring out the brakes. After the last short drive it was sitting 1” higher than stock.

Hopefully I get these brakes figured out with these lines and I will give details, and pictures.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation for a flaring tool? I’m going to try and cut that and replace first.

Just go pick up a basic line cutting tool and flare tool at the local NAPA or other parts place. You don't need anything fancy, maybe $15-20 worth. slide the current fitting back up on the hard brake line, cut that hard line right behind the current flare, remove and replace that bad fitting and then reflare the end of the line. Pretty easy to get done really.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just go pick up a basic line cutting tool and flare tool at the local NAPA or other parts place. You don't need anything fancy, maybe $15-20 worth. slide the current fitting back up on the hard brake line, cut that hard line right behind the current flare, remove and replace that bad fitting and then reflare the end of the line. Pretty easy to get done really.

Yeah I don’t think it will be difficult to do. Reading up about bubble flare and double flares what a mess!

I’m used to all the stainless braided lines on all of my motorcycles etc. man that stuff is much better than this oem brake line junk.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what size these fittings are?

This is standard 3/16” compared to stock definitely not the correct pitch or size.

1/4” brake line maybe?

8cde7105d09b16d8a83c67b7c5df5c5a.jpg

0d0629f5b8453ab4f609ba169ce7ddee.jpg

Lift_to_suceed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id say 1/4 is what the stock line looks like. I thought the pitch in the caliper was different? Looked different in the previous photos anyway

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk