R in the wild!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrClean

Reaction score

As the evidence starts to mount, it’s hard to deny the R will be officially announced soon. Interesting that some here keep saying it will never happen…

Attachments

• E12785C6-E7EA-4328-8D35-949AC304A6A4.png
    E12785C6-E7EA-4328-8D35-949AC304A6A4.png
    546 KB · Views: 431
OP
OP
M

MrClean

Reaction score
Watch the video on Instagram. It shows the matching window sticker and VIN with the number found on the yellow sticker on the truck.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There’s no doubt they are building the R and nobody is still denying it, but until I see an actual Gen 3 raptor with the v8 S/c in it, then that’s an actual R, people keep posting videos of a Gen 3 and claiming it’s an R, that’s where the problem is, period.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
There’s no doubt they are building the R and nobody is still denying it, but until I see an actual Gen 3 raptor with the v8 S/c in it, then that’s an actual R, people keep posting videos of a Gen 3 and claiming it’s an R, that’s where the problem is, period.

I am.
Ford will not release the V8 Raptor to market. There.

I’ve said this from the beginning and not going to change horses now. That said, I’ll be glad to be wrong. As I’ve opined previously, I think Ford sees that they’re actually years behind the TRX in powertrain dev. not simply a factor of slapping the 5.2 s/c into the truck. The truck drive train and suspension work well up to about 525-550 crank hp; tuned trucks prove that. Once you start pushing the torque up, the 10r80 isn’t up to it as delivered so tough to say what “fuse” in the power train will be.

If it was that easy, the truck would have been released last year when teased. Every day it’s not on the market is another TRX sale. that’s a truck sale lost to Ford and going to a direct competitor. Plus, Ford can’t keep up with regular F150 and super duty production demands, allegedly due to supply chain issues but probably more than just suppliers at this point.

I think at one point Ford had honest intentions of trying to compete with the TRX but ultimately the numbers just aren’t in Ford’s favor. While the TRX continues to sell, even in the face of $6.00 / gallon fuel (that’s regular, not the super that will almost certainly be required for a s/c V8 Rap), but they’re not selling like they were when gas was $2.50 gallon... Upper management isn’t looking for a gas guzzler in the face of record fuel prices and a bad economy.

That’s my story and I’m sticking with it.
As I’ve said previously, if Ford wants to troll me, they can release the s/c v8 Raptor only available in lead foot grey. I’m waiting....

OP
OP
M

MrClean

Reaction score
I am.
Ford will not release the V8 Raptor to market. There.

I’ve said this from the beginning and not going to change horses now. That said, I’ll be glad to be wrong. As I’ve opined previously, I think Ford sees that they’re actually years behind the TRX in powertrain dev. not simply a factor of slapping the 5.2 s/c into the truck. The truck drive train and suspension work well up to about 525-550 crank hp; tuned trucks prove that. Once you start pushing the torque up, the 10r80 isn’t up to it as delivered so tough to say what “fuse” in the power train will be.

If it was that easy, the truck would have been released last year when teased. Every day it’s not on the market is another TRX sale. that’s a truck sale lost to Ford and going to a direct competitor. Plus, Ford can’t keep up with regular F150 and super duty production demands, allegedly due to supply chain issues but probably more than just suppliers at this point.

I think at one point Ford had honest intentions of trying to compete with the TRX but ultimately the numbers just aren’t in Ford’s favor. While the TRX continues to sell, even in the face of $6.00 / gallon fuel (that’s regular, not the super that will almost certainly be required for a s/c V8 Rap), but they’re not selling like they were when gas was $2.50 gallon... Upper management isn’t looking for a gas guzzler in the face of record fuel prices and a bad economy.

That’s my story and I’m sticking with it.
As I’ve said previously, if Ford wants to troll me, they can release the s/c v8 Raptor only available in lead foot grey. I’m waiting....
Get ready to be disappointed, the R will come in more than one color option.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s possible that Ford has the R powertrain with a generic Gen 3 body slapped on during testing. Haven’t manufacturers done that before?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s possible that Ford has the R powertrain with a generic Gen 3 body slapped on during testing. Haven’t manufacturers done that before?
Oh for sure, I just want to actually see a video of "pop the hood" and there it is, is all. People can write essays and post pictures saying its an R and never get to hear the v8 sound or a picture of the engine.