R in the wild!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You said the V8 Raptor was a sure thing in 2017.5, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022

It sure is great to actually have a Raptor, and joke around with other Raptor owners out there.

Are you trolling this because you are sour grapes??

The Raptor R is a sure thing.

Billy Mc

Reaction score
What is the clamor for a V8? I watched the Indy 500 yesterday, well part of it, and they run 2.2 liter twin turbocharged V6 engines. 700hp, 12000 rpm. I’ll take that, tyvm.

Yea, the but the 2.65 V8s from the CART/CCWS made more power and sounded killer!

Kurator

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am.
Ford will not release the V8 Raptor to market. There.

I’ve said this from the beginning and not going to change horses now. That said, I’ll be glad to be wrong. As I’ve opined previously, I think Ford sees that they’re actually years behind the TRX in powertrain dev. not simply a factor of slapping the 5.2 s/c into the truck. The truck drive train and suspension work well up to about 525-550 crank hp; tuned trucks prove that. Once you start pushing the torque up, the 10r80 isn’t up to it as delivered so tough to say what “fuse” in the power train will be.

If it was that easy, the truck would have been released last year when teased. Every day it’s not on the market is another TRX sale. that’s a truck sale lost to Ford and going to a direct competitor. Plus, Ford can’t keep up with regular F150 and super duty production demands, allegedly due to supply chain issues but probably more than just suppliers at this point.

I think at one point Ford had honest intentions of trying to compete with the TRX but ultimately the numbers just aren’t in Ford’s favor. While the TRX continues to sell, even in the face of $6.00 / gallon fuel (that’s regular, not the super that will almost certainly be required for a s/c V8 Rap), but they’re not selling like they were when gas was $2.50 gallon... Upper management isn’t looking for a gas guzzler in the face of record fuel prices and a bad economy.

That’s my story and I’m sticking with it.
As I’ve said previously, if Ford wants to troll me, they can release the s/c v8 Raptor only available in lead foot grey. I’m waiting....
This shit aged like a fine wine... Which shows that some folks love talking out of their asses...

Last edited: