Quick Help, going to buy today...hopefully

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TheNewb

Reaction score
Willing to travel, but have to figure out how to get rid of trade privately. No luck yet, so we will see.

I did notice quite a few 2014's out there at the same price point as this 13 but none are near denver. Apparently I live in raptor markup central. Anyway, thanks for all the tips I will keep everyone posted and may ask someone to check out a nonlocal truck for me before traveling.

zbrady107

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in a similar situation to you before I bought my 2011 with having a trade to deal with. Ultimately, I ended up getting more for my old truck by selling it private party and just using that as a down payment on my Raptor. Might want to look into that route if you can wait on the sale a bit! Good luck with your purchase!

OP
OP
T

TheNewb

Reaction score
Dealer upped offer for my trade and lowered price on 2012 by 2k...can someone look at the carfax and let me know if I should walk away even though price is right now?

It has been at 3 different dealerships in denver in the last year and did not sell. Not that worries about that cause of the ridiculous prices some dealers are asking for out here but want a few more thoughts. Going to run through all items already mentioned above but any thoughts about dealers swapping it at auction on carfax?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if this is the same one you have been looking at, then i can meet you and look over it with you. its better to have someone who knows to help. carfax will tell you of previous issues, but actually looking at it will tell you of potential future issues

OP
OP
T

TheNewb

Reaction score
if this is the same one you have been looking at, then i can meet you and look over it with you. its better to have someone who knows to help. carfax will tell you of previous issues, but actually looking at it will tell you of potential future issues

On way in and dealer changed deal, emailed and said couldnt include warranty in price as previously agreed in email. Went to two dealerships this week and both pulled typical dealer stuff. Just gets old.

Once I find one I will take you up on this offer.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On way in and dealer changed deal, emailed and said couldnt include warranty in price as previously agreed in email. Went to two dealerships this week and both pulled typical dealer stuff. Just gets old.

Once I find one I will take you up on this offer.
You can buy a warranty later at a better price. There are a few threads on here about that. Get a solid price and deal on the truck you want. Then ask if they can include the warranty, but if they don't, go buy one else were. The warranty mark up is 200%.

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com

OP
OP
T

TheNewb

Reaction score
You can buy a warranty later at a better price. There are a few threads on here about that. Get a solid price and deal on the truck you want. Then ask if they can include the warranty, but if they don't, go buy one else were. The warranty mark up is 200%.

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)

Good to know, they wouldnt go below the recently lowered 46,500 "sale" price. Going to try and find better deal and hopefully a 2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter