Question on Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kechinng

Reaction score
I've been lurking in the forums and finally pulled the trigger on a Raptor coming from Ram. Looking forward to the ownership.

Question: I had originally ordered a 37" with no end in sight last week. Yesterday I received a call from another dealership that had a 35" black/black available asking for basically $1100 over MSRP but it's supposed to arrive 9/15. This morning I asked the dealer for the customer order number so I can check on the production status and they told me there isn't one since this isn't a special order. The vehicle has the window sticker already and they are telling me will arrive 9/15. Does this sound right?

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should have an order number, sounds like they are just confused. If you have the window sticker the order number is in the “item#” box.

laxmike32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been lurking in the forums and finally pulled the trigger on a Raptor coming from Ram. Looking forward to the ownership.

Question: I had originally ordered a 37" with no end in sight last week. Yesterday I received a call from another dealership that had a 35" black/black available asking for basically $1100 over MSRP but it's supposed to arrive 9/15. This morning I asked the dealer for the customer order number so I can check on the production status and they told me there isn't one since this isn't a special order. The vehicle has the window sticker already and they are telling me will arrive 9/15. Does this sound right?
You can get the order number from sticker, just have them send you that

Reaction score
No. On the window sticker you should be able to find the order number in the bottom right corner (item#). It's the 4-digit code after the dash.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the window sticker might be online, look for the vehicle through ford inventory and pull the window sticker for vin and order # to track

OP
OP
K

kechinng

Reaction score
Guess that was a flop, dealer called and gave me the story that the car was actually already sold to someone else a day before me. I call BS.

I went ahead and placed a special order with another dealer for a 35”. Was given priority code 10 on the order form. Since there is no vin yet, how would I check the status of the order? Also looks like there is an order code on the order sheet already as well.

Thrush

Reaction score
Guess that was a flop, dealer called and gave me the story that the car was actually already sold to someone else a day before me. I call BS.

I went ahead and placed a special order with another dealer for a 35”. Was given priority code 10 on the order form. Since there is no vin yet, how would I check the status of the order? Also looks like there is an order code on the order sheet already as well.
You can ask the guys here: https://performanceparts.ford.com/contact-us/ (I prefer the live chat). Your dealer number is the "Sales Code" in the upper right of your order summary. You'll need that as well as your order code, and they can look up the status.