Question for former Gen 2 owners now in a Gen 3.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

562gen3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there have been a few of these threads but looking for more feedback. Have a 2018 Gen 2 with 55K miles. Very clean garage kept. (Cam phasers repaired and a 100K mile Ford Platinum warranty) My new Gen 3 is on the lot at MSRP. Was thinking after 5 years I should just get a new one. Now not so sure. Any advise appreciated.
thanks in advance
I wouldn't go back to a gen 2, so much more creature comforts etc, if anything get the gen 3 and wait for a gen 5-6

jpk

Reaction score
Yes, I'm one of those guys that is on the emotional roller coaster over the loss of the Torsen front diff. And also the loss of a heated steering wheel. And the LEDs on the A/C knobs. BUT, the Gen3 has a waaaay better interior and suspension than the Gen 2, outside of that Torsen diff and heated steering wheel delete. And getting a new one at MSRP these days is basically like getting Willy Wonka's golden ticket. The heated steering wheel and the Torsen can be installed later if you are willing to pay for it.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have MSRP and a low interest rate (or cash) now is the time. These things will MSRP for 95k in two years probably with the same or less options. Now is the time for any new car. Prices on everything are only going up from here. Air down and hit the dirt!
You are probably only half right

OP
OP
E

Edski

Reaction score

562gen3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What creature comforts were added if you compare loaded to loaded?
Sorry for late reply but the ones that are big for me are the auto tailgate (gen 2 tailgate with applique was heavy as shit) , cruise control for longer trips takes like half the load of keeping your foot on the brake, and auto hold

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry for late reply but the ones that are big for me are the auto tailgate (gen 2 tailgate with applique was heavy as shit) , cruise control for longer trips takes like half the load of keeping your foot on the brake, and auto hold
What, are you saying the gen 3 does not have those options?

psmwrx

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just traded my Gen 2 (2018) for a Gen 3 (2023) and so far there is no reason I can think of that I would make me want to go back. Deals are out there. I got a 37 package for under MSRP. I have a long history with the dealer so I don't know if that would be everyone's outcome though. My Gen 2 was bare in terms of options (800 package) versus my previous 2014 801A, so going to a 23 801A with all the options makes it tough to look back.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Just traded my Gen 2 (2018) for a Gen 3 (2023) and so far there is no reason I can think of that I would make me want to go back. Deals are out there. I got a 37 package for under MSRP. I have a long history with the dealer so I don't know if that would be everyone's outcome though. My Gen 2 was bare in terms of options (800 package) versus my previous 2014 801A, so going to a 23 801A with all the options makes it tough to look back.
Under MSRP, nice. What did they give you for trade-in though?