Question for former Gen 2 owners now in a Gen 3.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edski

Reaction score
I know there have been a few of these threads but looking for more feedback. Have a 2018 Gen 2 with 55K miles. Very clean garage kept. (Cam phasers repaired and a 100K mile Ford Platinum warranty) My new Gen 3 is on the lot at MSRP. Was thinking after 5 years I should just get a new one. Now not so sure. Any advise appreciated.
thanks in advance

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Haven't see a whole lot of people on here publicly stating they wish they could go back to a Gen2. There is more than enough information on here for you to come up with your decision though.

OP
OP
E

Edski

Reaction score
Not sure what sort of feedback you’re seeking here. Either you want a new truck or you don’t. You started the buying process for a reason, didn’t you?
Haven't see a whole lot of people on here publicly stating they wish they could go back to a Gen2. There is more than enough information on here for you to come up with your decision though.
No, that's for sure. Except for the Torsen guys. Thanks

OP
OP
E

Edski

Reaction score
Not sure what sort of feedback you’re seeking here. Either you want a new truck or you don’t. You started the buying process for a reason, didn’t you?
Yep I did, went down the Torsen rabbit hole and caused me pause. thanks

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you even off-road, bro? LOL, sorry, I couldn't resist.

How often do you off-road and what kind of off-roading do you do?

OP
OP
E

Edski

Reaction score
do you even off-road, bro? LOL, sorry, I couldn't resist.

How often do you off-road and what kind of off-roading do you do?
Haha on my way to Starbucks. Sorry, just high speed dirt roads. thanks

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How often are you in 4hi doing high speed runs? I’m guessing you won’t even notice the difference. If you do put it in 4wd, odds are it won’t pull to the right. I’d see that as good thing.

I’d take the improved rear suspension over torsion. Plenty of Gen 3’s going to Baja to do high speed runs.