Question for former Gen 2 owners now in a Gen 3.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elvis

Reaction score
I just got my Gen 3 37. This thing is absolutely amazing. Almost feels too luxurious compared to my 2017. My 2017 felt like a “truck” this thing feels like a Lincoln with a sweet exhaust. Much more refined. I’d say I’m happy but I loved my Gen 2.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I loves my gen 2 and had plans to keep it even after buying another truck. I bought the gen 3 after it was stolen. I like the gen 3. I'm not happy about why i bought it but I'm happy with the outcome.
Sorry you are one of the guys in the area dictating "increased awareness" for us Raptor owners. That is a bummer. I never leave one of the Raptors parked when I travel, always the Jeep. If it gets stolen, I am good with starting a new build. :)

ATXraptor75

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Piling on - the ride, tech, stereo, is much better with Gen3 (in my opinion). Of course I chopped up a new truck with bumpers so none of my front sensors are working but overall no regrets!
No denying the more tech has some gremlins in it (IE carplay doesn't always worked, TPMS sensors failing temporarily, etc)

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do admit, after a week long stay at Che @Oldfart my r u m p is numb. But a year ago I picked up my Gen3 after owning 3 Gen2, drive the Gen2 700 miles to trade it in, and the Gen3 700 miles back. While the rear hopping is mostly gone which itself is a big improvement, the ride otherwise didn’t feel that much different. And I was concentrating on it both ways to see if I could tell a big difference.

I really like the improved interior and large screen. the option to have squealing, ear piercing, from the sound system, can’t be beat.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do admit, after a week long stay at Che @Oldfart my r u m p is numb. But a year ago I picked up my Gen3 after owning 3 Gen2, drive the Gen2 700 miles to trade it in, and the Gen3 700 miles back. While the rear hopping is mostly gone which itself is a big improvement, the ride otherwise didn’t feel that much different. And I was concentrating on it both ways to see if I could tell a big difference.

I really like the improved interior and large screen. the option to have squealing, ear piercing, from the sound system, can’t be beat.
:happy175: I was just describing that stereo upgrade to a friend of mine last night! That has to be pretty crazy when it happens.