Question for Damon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MadCow, I agree with PA, and BIRD is correct in that GM had a "policy adjustment" on instrument clusters in the 03'-05' year models. A thourogh diagnosis would be necessary to confirm, but a dollar to a doughnut says PA is right on.

FSM

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Much thanks to you guys! I just don't want to spend any $ on that truck. But if there was a recall, maybe GM would pick up the tab?

I'll check it out.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Much thanks to you guys! I just don't want to spend any $ on that truck. But if there was a recall, maybe GM would pick up the tab?

I'll check it out.

It wasn't really a recall, but a special service campaign where GM extended the warranty on the instrument clusters to 7yrs/70,000 miles (iirc). If your trucks an 03, then chances are its out by time, if not mileage already. But if your under 70k then it would be worth swinging by a GM dealer to see when the trucks warranty start date was.

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Update: I finally got sick of the dead cluster on my feed truck and took it to my local shop to have a new one put in today. Prices have come down quite a bit from when I first got a quote. $250 installed.