Question about ordering a raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RaptorJet

RaptorJet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer came down to 1500 over invoice which he claimed would bring the total to 50,000. I'm pretty sure that isn't correct and they are lying. He said its dealer policy that 10% down is required for order on any vehicle so I guess there is no budging there. Looks like I'm off to another dealer. All I'm looking for is a crew cab in black with the 801a package

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
walk

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

crap. i read that wrong. i thought it was a scab. thats about 1500 over invoice

OP
OP
RaptorJet

RaptorJet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just checked it you are right, just a couple hundred extra. If they were willing to negotiate the deposit I would go through them. He claims it's dealership policy though so what are ya gonna do

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
5k down sounds like alot .. Where are you from? depending, you might be able to do better on the 50k... some parts of the country that is a great deal. Try calling a couple of the dealerships on WyoStorms list, or try calling a couple other local dealerships. The only way I'd be cool with them holding 5k of my money is if I threw it on a cash back CC then paid it off the next month. Then I'd at least get $50 back from my CC

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If they insist on 10% I would find another dealer quickly. I know every area is different and all dealers are not the same but, I do not know any dealers in my area(central IL) that act like that.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
RaptorJet

RaptorJet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5k down sounds like alot .. Where are you from? depending, you might be able to do better on the 50k... some parts of the country that is a great deal. Try calling a couple of the dealerships on WyoStorms list, or try calling a couple other local dealerships. The only way I'd be cool with them holding 5k of my money is if I threw it on a cash back CC then paid it off the next month. Then I'd at least get $50 back from my CC

I'm from ocean county in nj. I'm going to call a dealer out in pa to see what they can do. From the list it says they were under invoice, so we will see.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Holy crap guys! Come on. You should not be putting deposits down on these trucks! This is one of the fastest moving vehicles off of dealer lots the past few years. Don't buy into that dealer ********! They can easily sell it to someone else.

Oh, and if you really work, invoice IS attainable.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Point out to the dufus that you are the only buyer for your ordered truck. It's not like a dealer stock truck sitting on the lot - that will sell to -somebody- who wants a truck now. An ordered truck has only 1 potential buyer, and the only question is who you will buy it from. If he doesn't want to play, fine, you'll go elsewhere. They don't have to take less money on a dealer stock truck, because somebody will pay it. On an order, he can choose between less money or no money at all.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Goto Van Bortel Ford in Rochester NY. It's their policy to sell Raptors at Invoice with no deposit required. Lots of guys here have purchased from them.

Contact Steve Miller (cell 585-613-6467 - e-mail: [email protected]) and tell him I sent you. My name is Khoi.

And don't even waste your time with your local dealer. Just call Steve.

I'm from ocean county in nj. I'm going to call a dealer out in pa to see what they can do. From the list it says they were under invoice, so we will see.