Question about ordering a raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorJet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys I am new here, I am in the market for a raptor within the next couple months. I'm either going to get the screw in terrain or black I haven't decided yet. But my uncle owns a vinyl shop and I was thinking of wrapping it in matte olive green. Thoughts? Anyway here is my question...

When you order from the dealer how much are you required to put down as a deposit? And should you have your financing lined up before your order or right when you go to pick up? Thanks a lot guys, I am a former svt lightning owner and now I am learning a lot about these trucks! I can't wait till I have mine.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum... Deposit depends on the dealership. I think we did 2k As long as you have decent credit, I'd say financing after the order is fine. If your credit is iffy, I'd do it before. Green looks sick, check out WSi's beast.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
RaptorJet

RaptorJet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My credit I'm pretty sure is in the 700's last time I checked, so I assume I should be ok. Just a matter of who and where I want to finance from. A part of me wants the dealer because it is so convenient, I am undecided.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
If you do the dealer, have a rate in mind. The finance person earns points on your loan the more they up the rate.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Allan177

Reaction score
My dealer only had me put down a grand and I found out what rate they were offering so i could shop around.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My local dealer is $500 deposit. The problem with financing now is you can only do a preapproval because the bank has no VIN. Also, they are usually only good for so many days meaning you would probably have to reapply once it's time to finalize the deal. Another thing that is a plus for having the dealer do it is that they have access to more banks. They can usually find a bank that'll give you a better rate than your personal bank. Not always the case but so far it has been in my experiences.

OP
OP
RaptorJet

RaptorJet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks a lot for the help guys! I never ordered a vehicle brand new before so this experience is all going to be new to me. And that green raptor is sick!! All I've seen were other vehicles with the matte green, never a raptor. Thanks again guys!

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealer should not need much of a deposit. I would not give more than $1000, less if they are being reasonable. No dealer in their right mind worries about getting stuck with a Raptor. I would look into financing before but, as said by others if your credit is good don't commit until it gets here. Good luck. Time stands still fyi once you order.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2