Question about ordering a raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Steve has a TON of allotment. I spoke to him last week and he had 6 orders and he is telling customers 10-12 weeks. I know he has more orders this week so it depends where you are in line. So ask him how many orders he has.

got in contact with Steve! quoted me a price of 48,172 with appx $100 in other fees! going to pull the trigger today or tomorrow! About how long does it take to get the truck in my hands? 3 months or so?

Last edited:
OP
OP
RaptorJet

RaptorJet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to place my order in June after much debating. Will I be able to do so? or will this be too late?

jmazzenga

Reaction score
Same Boat

Hi guys, I'm in the same boat. I've purchased many new vehicles. Would you say ordering in state vs ordering out of state makes any diff?

OP
OP
RaptorJet

RaptorJet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you buy out of state, once you come in state you are going to have to pay the taxes on it anyway. By getting the truck out of state the money you are just saving is the price you pay for the truck I'm assuming.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
correct. You are responsible for sales tax when you get back to your home state. But there is one item hat most folks just do not consider. Sales tax is based on the sales price. For example:

- you buy a raptor out of state for 50K .. you get back to your home state and you will be taxed on 50K

- you buy a raptor in state at 60K ... you will get taxed on 60k.

Buying a raptor at invoice out of state is a no brainer when you are unable to find invoice in state.

if you buy out of state, once you come in state you are going to have to pay the taxes on it anyway. By getting the truck out of state the money you are just saving is the price you pay for the truck I'm assuming.