Question about ordering a raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LandFill

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I put down a $1000 refundable deposit and they originally offered me 2.99%. She arrived three months later and I ended up negotiating to True Car average with 2.25% at same dealer.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We ordered my wife an EB Flex last summer and at that time Ford Credit offered an additional $1000 rebate for going with them. Rate was like 3.5%. Took that then did a refi with PenFed at 1.49% before ever making the first payment to Ford Credit. PenFed rocks.

Also, put the lowest amount they'll let you down ($500 is fair) and do it on a credit card. If anything shady goes down with your order or you need to back out then you can always sick your CC company on them if they hold up your refund. Discover card is great for going after people who do their customers wrong. Don't forget to check your final paperwork to make sure they credit your deposit. That happened to us on the Flex and they had to mail us a check.

Last edited:

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered for close to invoice and put nothing down. He got out the sheet for a deposit from habit of ordering vehicles & just threw it away, saying "I know I can sell this truck in heartbeat"

I shopped around for financing before ordering, just to see what I would be up against. Then the dealer actually offered the best rate at delivery.

OP
OP
RaptorJet

RaptorJet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When does ford stop accepting or placing orders for the 2013 raptor?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would assume they would accept them until they have a definite date released for when to switch to the new model or if they do not continue production then the date to end orders all together.

MC B2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple things...

1) Personally, I would insist on a deposit... with that comes a paper trail (contract) between you and the dealer. It solidifies the agreement between both sides.

2) I did it this way... about 30 days out, as that's the terms for my credit union holding the pre-approval open, I applied with my credit union with the number and terms I had in mind. Now that my truck is in transit, I asked my dealer to give me their best shot. Once I had that, and they did beat my credit union, I played that back against my credit union and gave them the opportunity to match. They couldn't. I highly recommend getting at least to quotes, and being in a position to make the best deal. This is a time of nearly free money, so work the system.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$500 deposit. they usually ask for $1000, but i told them a competing dealership only wanted $500 so they came down. they ran a credit scrore when i ordered. applied for $20000 loan at credit union 2%. they couldnt guarentee it would stay there til the truck got here, but they didnt think it would change. got a $10000 loan for 2% the day my truck was built. do it

OP
OP
RaptorJet

RaptorJet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the dealer I just talked to right where I lived insisted that I pay a 10% non refundable deposit and they are iffy about coming down from msrp of 52,285. He said he would call me back. Looks like I'm on to the next dealer

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ya don't take that bs. Might have to put them on the dealers list to avoid if they don't budge.