Question #2: What color do I bring home?

What color should Crazy choose?

• 1) Velocity Blue

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • 2) Leadfoot

Votes: 41 39.8%
  • 3) Other....state below and why

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • 4) OP should buy a Subaru

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • 5) I think I'll have another drink

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • 6) Trump 2020, Yeah baby!

Votes: 25 24.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So now we get to the fun part. What's it going to look like? I am stuck between Velocity Blue and Leadfoot. Both have their own threads and are well represented. But sadly I can only go with one camp. So give me your best reason for one or the other.

My arguments for and against.

Blue is my favorite color and I have never owned a blue vehicle. And blue still looks pretty good when dirty. But there are so many blue Raptors out there.

Lead foot is a truly unique color and only seems to come around about as often as Hailey's Comet is sighted. I also think when modded out, it's the most badass color for the Raptor. And there aren't that many on the road when compared to both blues. On the negative side, when dirty, it doesn't look as good as the blue IMO.

Lastly, can someone tell me what blue this is on the 18' Shelby Raptor below? If not one of the offering colors, how can one order it? It looks really good on the Shelby. Thanks!

***You can vote for multiple choices***

2018-Ford-Shelby-Baja-Raptor-F-150-front-view.jpg 2018-Ford-Shelby-Baja-Raptor-F-150-front-side-view.jpg

Last edited:

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That 18 is Lightning Blue. Unfortunately 2018 was the last year for that color.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you could flip a coin. Before you look at it, do a quick gut check. Are you secretly hoping for a particular result? If so, then that's what it was. Put the coin back in your pocket without looking at it and proceed. Good luck.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would go look at both in person and see if one jumps out at you. From pictures, I liked both Race Red and Oxford White. I was leaning heavily towards the white. One night on my way home from a dinner I saw a Race Red parked under some bright lights at a dealer. I was blown away with how the color popped, even at night. This was the first Race Red Raptor I had seen in person. I knew I had to get that color.

rac10000

Reaction score
I originally ordered Agate Black with the intention of doing a full Xpel Stealth wrap. But I couldn't get Lead Foot out of my head so I changed the color to Lead Foot before my order locked. Go with your gut!

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the performance Ford blue and the heritage it represents is nice. However, as a Leadfoot owner I would say that Leadfoot would be the way to go.

It can be monochromatic at times but it is a great color overall.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
To me it was between Rapid Red, Leadfoot, and Velocity Blue. When I bought my truck the dealer had my truck and one in Leadfoot, but the Leadfoot didn’t have the upgraded beadlock wheels, which was a must for me. If all three had been sitting on the lot with the same wheels, it would have been a really tough choice. I think I’d have to go VB over Leadfoot, but just barely.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
#BlackRaptorsMatter

You need to look at your truck purchase through an equity lens. Your purchase will also need to recognize your privilege and you will need to tithe accordingly at the alter of new quotas.

Choose a color that is more equitable and culturally accepted.