question about DRL color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sperminator

Reaction score
Hello!

I have a Gen3 F150 Raptor and it was transported into the EU thus it went through a homologation process and its DRLs are white. Is there any chance I can change to amber color? Similar to what you can see in the below picture in the green circle.
Thank you in advance for your response.

raptor.jpg

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The lights on the side can be changed, but you are probably looking at a very significant investment to do anything about the lights around the headlights. In any case, be sure to check state law. In Nevada, for example, only two pair of white light emitters are permitted, and only one pair of fog lights. It varies from state to state, so check before you spend your hard earned cash.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The lights on the side can be changed, but you are probably looking at a very significant investment to do anything about the lights around the headlights. In any case, be sure to check state law. In Nevada, for example, only two pair of white light emitters are permitted, and only one pair of fog lights. It varies from state to state, so check before you spend your hard earned cash.
He's not in the US. He imported the truck into Europe.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello!

I have a Gen3 F150 Raptor and it was transported into the EU thus it went through a homologation process and its DRLs are white. Is there any chance I can change to amber color? Similar to what you can see in the below picture in the green circle.
Thank you in advance for your response.

View attachment 433382
If they removed and changed them with the EU spec, then you would need to buy a new set from the US and import them and swap them out. If they didn't and just made a software change, then you might be able to use Forscan. Without seeing the workorder, it's hard to say what they did.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not aware of a software change that can simply change the color. A normal F150 headlamp has the white lights in them, so it's possible they swapped em out. Wonder where your factory ones are. I can't help with the white Raptor marker lights on the flare. What about your center three on the grill?

Or, the truck was built to EU spec by Ford and that's how it came which seems more plausible.

I'd love to see a picture!

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not aware of a software change that can simply change the color. A normal F150 headlamp has the white lights in them, so it's possible they swapped em out. Wonder where your factory ones are. I can't help with the white Raptor marker lights on the flare. What about your center three on the grill?

Or, the truck was built to EU spec by Ford and that's how it came which seems more plausible.

I'd love to see a picture!
He said it was IMPORTED into the EU and went though homologation (conversion to eu spec so it wasnt built to EY spec.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He said it was IMPORTED into the EU and went though homologation (conversion to eu spec so it wasnt built to EY spec.
Yeah I know what he said, but also tossed out another opinion. It's all good man, chill.

If importation was after it was built as a US-spec, it's really interesting that there's white Raptor specific parts out there, or a shop doing the conversions. Never heard of it before, and it ain't the first Raptor in the EU, and I've not seen any of those with white front-facing running gear.

I'd love to see the AB data through the VIN to see what other changes may have been done, like rear facing fogs, for example.

Definitely need some pics of the rig!

OP
OP
S

sperminator

Reaction score
Thank you for your replies. It is amazing how supportive this forum is.

About the three marking lights in the middle: Those were bought from Ford because it was lost during the MOT. (they are amber-colored)

Just to clarify my previous statements the upside L-shaped light does not light up at all only when I turn on the indicators.

I assume from your answers this is a software issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter