Excited about GEN 3 finally having some decent looking DRLs and Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But then doesn't that also dim your gauge and entertainment screen brightness?

Yes, I like it that way. I prefer the screen to be in night (black) mode all the time anyway. Plus I have 5% tint all the way around so my interior is pretty dark on a sunny day and I never (ever) open my sunroof shade.

OP
OP
J

JSAN

Reaction score
It’s a non issue for me, but I do prefer the dlrs to be white for Visibility because you just can’t see amber in daylight!

you can totally see ambers in daytime, its just that the gen 2 Raptor's ambers are shit and aren't bright enough to be DRLs. But gen 3 Amber DRLs will be as good as whites for visibility. For example these amber DRLs:

JuNWCuC.jpg

1TNbG3L.jpg

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I’d always like them to be brighter, your first two pics make sense to be the same truck. The first shot is backlit with some light fill flash camera right. It’s properly lit and color graded. The second shot is a random mid-day snap.

I could shoot my truck and make it look like both.

Anyway, the Gen 3s seem to be brighter so that’s cool.

OP
OP
J

JSAN

Reaction score
While I’d always like them to be brighter, your first two pics make sense to be the same truck. The first shot is backlit with some light fill flash camera right. It’s properly lit and color graded. The second shot is a random mid-day snap.

I could shoot my truck and make it look like both.

Anyway, the Gen 3s seem to be brighter so that’s cool.

Yea my point was that, they were supposed to look like that all the time, not just in studio lighting. The issue was that they looked like shit on a sunny day.

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea my point was that, they were supposed to look like that all the time, not just in studio lighting. The issue was that they looked like shit on a sunny day.
I know. But no matter what there will be differences during full sun and shot poorly. They don’t look THAT dim in real life. But they definitely could be better.