Pulled The Trigger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
General DOT Grabbers on the way. Ordered them up from Treadepot last Thursday, supposed to be here this Wednesday. I will let everyone know how it goes.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Yes very interested...a certain Bo' has had a set he's using for bar stools or something like that and he won't put them on to give us feedback.

Banned
Reaction score
awesome, i'm sure you'll be happy with em make sure you post pics after the install

OP
OP
pirate air

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So................ They're on!! lol

Few pics

(35/12.50/17)

DSC00483.jpg

DSC00481.jpg

DSC00479.jpg

DSC00480.jpg

DSC00472.jpg

I didn't get any install or comparison pics, because I put them on during my lunch break at work. So, I was trying to hurry, and EVERYONE had to stop and check them out and ask plenty of questions. They attract all sorts of attention.

The Grabbers sit about half an inch or so taller then the BFG's (both mounted and aired up). The side walls are thick, probably at least twice the thickness of the stock BFG's. The balancing was all over the board. I had one balance very good, only taking 2.75 oz total. I had two take about 6.5 oz total and the fourth took close to 10.0 oz total. I may look into getting some dyna beads for them ( http://www.innovativebalancing.com/ ), to eliminate future balancing or ware issues.

First thing I noticed driving them was the extra weight, which could be felt during accel and braking. Nothing excessive, but noticeable. They ride rougher then the BFG's. I originally had them aired up to 42 psi, I lowered them down to 34 psi where they rode much better. I will continue to play with the pressures. They're not much louder then the stockers, but I only had the chance to get the truck up to 55 mph this afternoon, so it might be a different story at 80. They don't collect and fling nearly as much gravel as the BFG's. My paint and underside will appreciate that!

Initial traction impressions,
Dry pavement traction feels improved. Hard packed and lightly graveled road traction feels improved. The engine bogs more out of corners during accel. Some of that is probably the extra weight, but it's also the extra bite the tires have (reminds me [to some degree], of going from regular street tires to drag radials on a street car). The steering around corners feel more stable, the front end feels more in control, even at faster speeds. The traction in heavily graveled roads feel about the same.

I have no wet, mud, sand, or rough, rocky type, terrain traction impressions yet (or winter/ice for that matter). I wanna try out some sand this weekend. But will probably head back into the mountains while I still have the chance. So sand will have to wait a couple weeks......

The tire compound feels pretty soft. I'm thinking mine wont last very long, maybe 15,000 miles if that..... Dunno, we shall see though.

Questions, comments, complaints??:)

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
That tire size fits perfect. I think it look a 1000 times better then the stock bfg. :rocking: