Pulled The Trigger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
pirate air

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bump...Pirate

how many miles on them now?? Off-road at all? Are they wearing ok?

I can't give you an honest answer as to how they are wearing long term, because I only put about 750 miles on my truck a month. So I don't have a bunch of miles on them. I don't expect them to last long. I think of them as a drag radial for the dirt. Awesome performance, but short life span. I've been running them at 34 psi (they ride good and still keep a firm side wall).

They probably have 250-300 miles off road, and my thoughts are still that they have superior traction compared to the stock bfg's (except in really loose gravel were they both perform about the same). The side walls still look new and the red lettering is holding up well. The tread blocks are a little more pitted and worn then in the picture I took in post #20. They also have little cuts here and there, but no chunking what so ever. They are wearing evenly.

I played in my usual sand wash spot over labor day weekend, but its hard to give a sand comparison between them and the bfg's. We have gotten so much rain lately, it did a huge number on the wash (water had dug away sand, 3-4 feet deep in the narrow spots). The sand was much looser than before. I was making my way through tight windy turns and every time I thought the truck might get stuck, it just pushed ahead. I noticed the truck had less axle hop when accelerating in 2wd. I think the generals float more and dig less in the sand. I wanted to do some high speed running over a stretch of sand to get a feel for how stable the tires are, but the rain had made too many big obstacles for the Raptor to tackle at 70+. Hopefully the wash will be mellowed out after the winter.

The dry traction on pavement is very good and I was surprised how well they do on wet pavement (although winter time will be the real test for wet stuff).

They do good in the mud, far better then the bfg's, but I wouldn't call them as a mud t/a.

I'm still happy with my purchase. They perform good, fairly quite on the hwy and are holding the initial balance. They get a lot of compliments. The only draw back I can think is the extra 12 pounds they add per tire. I will probably buy another set when these wear out.