Proud owner of my new truck!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yogurt Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I just wanted to introduce myself... I had been searching for almost 6 months on which truck to buy, It had to be a crew cab because my wife and I have a baby on the way, needed to also have a sunroof and leather seats to. I was searching on auto-trader where i had bought my last truck and realized that the truck of my dreams "Ford Raptor" was now in a CrewCab. I rushed to my wife and said "remember that truck we saw at the car show years ago and I wanted to buy, thats the truck I am getting" she replied "whatever, just make sure its what you want". She was certainly getting tired of me looking at purchasing this truck or that truck and adding this lift, wheels, grills, etc..
I called my Uncle who works as a salesman at a small town Ford dealership and had him email me pricing and options to start the 12 week process of ordering a custom vehicle from ford. As my wife and I discussed finances etc. to decide what to do with my Tahoe, either trade-in or keep and her drive, or just sell it on our own versus the low ball number a dealership normally gives. I randomly one morning like always woke up and started searching to see if I could find a good priced used truck the same as i was planning on ordering or close to it versus waiting forever to order one.
There it was... less than 50miles from my home in Mobile, Al. Only thing was the website where I found it had no phone numbers, didn't show but 1 picture, and didn't show options. I finally found the name of the dealership and called and asked to speak to someone about the Raptor. After negotiating #'s on my 2008 Tahoe for trade in & his bottom #'s on the Raptor we came to a site unseen deal where I ended up leaving him a CC deposit to hold the truck and said ill see you within the next 2 days to complete the deal. I opened a new business less than 6 months ago so for me to get away is virtually impossible at times. The next morning I woke up and went in to work like normal only thing was I was so anxious and exited to leave and pick up my new truck . Long story short My wife and I drove to Mobile made the trade and for the first time I was driving my new 2012 Race Red Crew Cab Raptor down the interstate home to Orange Beach, Al. It was the most amazing feeling, the truck is the most amazing, almost no words out there to describe this truck on the road. I love it!
I am in the process of now deciding what aftermarket parts to order first. I really need fog lights because living at the beach, Fog is a almost every morning deal and almost every evening deal as-well. So this being said I want to only do things right one time and not buy parts then replace them later. This means I probably need to purchase a bumper with the proper light mounts then purchase the proper lights?
I also am looking at doing the proper performance upgrade package. What i have looked at is the Air Intake, Programmer, & exhaust. (headers back) or
(cat-back)

I am glad to be a part of the Raptor Forum and hope to meet people who can help me make decisions about adding to my perfect truck

YOGURT RAPTOR
WINSTON

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Welcome! Now we can all talk you into buying all sorts of mods you didn't know you needed.

.....you'll see it our way soon enough. :ROFLJest: