Pricing on 2014 Roush SCREW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had you not said you were in the market for a Gen 2 I'd say this was worth pulling the trigger on all day long. At 56k you're within Gen2 territory which is the direction I'd personally go instead. You mentioned Sync3 so obviously technology plays a factor for you - which the Gen2 offers over the Gen1. Unless you're dead set on getting a v8 you're better off stretching your budget a tiny bit more and snagging the gen2 IMO.

OP
OP
alternative H

alternative H

Reaction score
I WAS interested in the Gen2 but a friend of mine recently sold his for a TRX and I'd feel a little insecure about myself if I didnt have some power. I'm planning on getting the JDM 700hp package so I can feel cool. I think I'm pretty set on a Gen1 now. What makes you say pull the trigger all day long? Looking at values it seems in line with the market. I've also had Gen2 trucks as company vehicles before when I worked at an off-road shop. I love the Gen2 but the allure of the supercharged 6.2 is strong. Especially living in truck central Texas where everyone and their mother has a Gen2. I'd feel a little more special with a Roush Gen1
Had you not said you were in the market for a Gen 2 I'd say this was worth pulling the trigger on all day long. At 56k you're within Gen2 territory which is the direction I'd personally go instead. You mentioned Sync3 so obviously technology plays a factor for you - which the Gen2 offers over the Gen1. Unless you're dead set on getting a v8 you're better off stretching your budget a tiny bit more and snagging the gen2 IMO.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I WAS interested in the Gen2 but a friend of mine recently sold his for a TRX and I'd feel a little insecure about myself if I didnt have some power. I'm planning on getting the JDM 700hp package so I can feel cool. I think I'm pretty set on a Gen1 now. What makes you say pull the trigger all day long? Looking at values it seems in line with the market. I've also had Gen2 trucks as company vehicles before when I worked at an off-road shop. I love the Gen2 but the allure of the supercharged 6.2 is strong. Especially living in truck central Texas where everyone and their mother has a Gen2. I'd feel a little more special with a Roush Gen1
If you’re feeling insecure about power, a Gen 1 is the opposite direction. The Ford 6.2 is a commercial fleet engine that is known for durability in HD applications yet fails on multiple fronts with the addition of forced induction. The Ram 6.2 uses the Hellcat engine that was literally designed for that purpose as a performance application. Two completely different engines, don’t let the bias from certain individuals on this forum whisper in your ear. The Roush kits a are entirely aftermarket, they don’t meet OEM durability standards. If you truly want TRX power wait for the Raptor R, and don’t waste your money on the Roush “700HP” kits that are still not fast and result in engine failure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
alternative H

alternative H

Reaction score
If you’re feeling insecure about power, a Gen 1 is the opposite direction. The Ford 6.2 is a commercial fleet engine that is known for durability in HD applications yet fails on multiple fronts with the addition of forced induction. The Ram 6.2 uses the Hellcat engine that was literally designed for that purpose as a performance application. Two completely different engines, don’t let the bias from certain individuals on this forum whisper in your ear. The Roush kits a are entirely aftermarket, they’re junk. If you truly want TRX power wait for the Raptor R, and don’t waste your money on the Roush “700HP” kits that are still slow and blowup anyway.
I'm not expecting TRX performance out of a 6.2 in the slightest. I know a tuned Gen2 will still thrash it all week long.
I'm not necessarily looking for all out performance; more of a unique truck that not everyone has. I'd love a Raptor R and I'll still likely order one, but for the moment I think a nice Gen1 would be fun. I don't need my truck to be a performance monster, just want to go do hood rat things with my friends on the weekends.
Whats your experience with forced induction 6.2s? I'm interested as I've never owned a Gen1

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
JDM's 700 hp whipple kits are well known for their reliabilty and Performance, they have been tuning Fords for decades and their support is one of the best , just ask any gen 1 owner who has their kits, there's a lot of members on here who have what you're seeking. Good luck with whatever you choose.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not expecting TRX performance out of a 6.2 in the slightest. I know a tuned Gen2 will still thrash it all week long.
I'm not necessarily looking for all out performance; more of a unique truck that not everyone has. I'd love a Raptor R and I'll still likely order one, but for the moment I think a nice Gen1 would be fun. I don't need my truck to be a performance monster, just want to go do hood rat things with my friends on the weekends.
Whats your experience with forced induction 6.2s? I'm interested as I've never owned a Gen1
The issue is adding forced induction to an engine that was designed to be naturally aspirated. That’s always high risk regardless of brand or engine, as you’re pushing the engine well beyond what it was ever designed to handle. The most common failure when adding a supercharger to a 6.2 is cracked oil pump gerotor gear. That causes the engine to lose oil pressure resulting in catastrophic engine damage. The other issues that can happen are melted piston ringlands and broken connecting rods, both of which require engine replacement. If you’re looking for reliability, leave it stock.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Sometimes less is more on a used vehicle. When buying used vehicles, I prefer a completely stock vehicle or as close to stock as can be.

This….

Its one of the reasons i stayed NA, that and I’ve always been a fan of straight NA power vs forced. Not say a fi v8 isnt sweet though. Im just different i guess lol

The prices are definitely high but thats all vehicles at this point. id look them over extremely well, especially the more modded one.

With me i dont care about “resale value” cause i keep them a long a** time with no wants of getting rid of them. So that’s another thing to think of, If its something you’re gonna keep vs trade in the price can play a big factor. Ie- @$50k and the market corrected you may be in the hole if the value drops to $30k or something.

Hopefully you get what im trying to say LOL good luck op

OP
OP
alternative H

alternative H

Reaction score
The issue is adding forced induction to an engine that was designed to be naturally aspirated. That’s always high risk regardless of brand or engine, as you’re pushing the engine well beyond what it was ever designed to handle. The most common failure when adding a supercharger to a 6.2 is cracked oil pump gerotor gear. That causes the engine to lose oil pressure resulting in catastrophic engine damage. The other issues that can happen are melted piston ringlands and broken connecting rods, both of which require engine replacement. If you’re looking for reliability, leave it stock.
The one with 41k miles on it has a Ford ESP Premium contract for another 5 years even with the supercharger according to seller. Supposedly covers all drivetrain at a $100 deductible. I'm trying to find good info on that.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Putting the blower on the 6.2L takes away it's most beneficial trait, reliable power.

I'd look at it this way, you might throw a rod day 1- but that particular Roush Raptor has already proven itself reliable after 8 years on the road. Assuming you don't abuse it, there's no reason it shouldn't go another 100K miles.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Putting the blower on the 6.2L takes away it's most beneficial trait, reliable power. I'd look at it this way, you might throw a rod day 1- but that particular Roush Raptor has already proven itself reliable after 8 years on the road. Assuming you don't abuse it, there's no reason it shouldn't go another 100K miles.
what if we used nitrous to help the turbo along?