Premiums coming down fast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey it's your money if you have to have [a Raptor] go ahead and pay [$20k over a regular F150]

I hope you can see why you're sanctimonious point is an absolute contradiction

You're doing the same thing he is, he's just going 5k farther than you

We're all paying up for a luxury so stop with the holier than thou saving for my kids BS

BAHAHAHHAAHAA your like the DNC picking and choosing what you want to quote. **** YOUR assumptions are comical at best!

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey it's your money if you have to have [a Raptor] go ahead and pay [$20k over a regular F150]

I hope you can see why you're sanctimonious point is an absolute contradiction

You're doing the same thing he is, he's just going 5k farther than you

We're all paying up for a luxury so stop with the holier than thou saving for my kids BS

Yeah, exactly. Someone else could just come along and claim that you're being foolish for buying a Raptor over a base F-150 just because you want to be happy. It's all relative.

8zero8

Reaction score
Reminds me of the quote,

"A fool and his money are easily parted"

I find it amusing that my quote made you think of your quote. So, to be clear (according to your quote) If you have money, and you part with it: you're a fool? Or is it only if you part with it easily. Does this hold true across the spectrum of expenditures, or is there a minimum threshold of acceptable "parting of one's money" before they are doomed to be labeled a fool? Ok, despite my tone here, I am really a light hearted guy, it just made me smile a bit when I read your reply. Maybe you were winking as you typed your reply as well?
"A fool and his money are easily parted" huh?
I'm not too young a fella, so I have heard this a time or twelve myself, in various form or another.... my favorite being:

" A FOOL AND HIS MONEY, WILL SOON PARTY "

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find it amusing that my quote made you think of your quote. So, to be clear (according to your quote) If you have money, and you part with it: you're a fool? Or is it only if you part with it easily. Does this hold true across the spectrum of expenditures, or is there a minimum threshold of acceptable "parting of one's money" before they are doomed to be labeled a fool? Ok, despite my tone here, I am really a light hearted guy, it just made me smile a bit when I read your reply. Maybe you were winking as you typed your reply as well?
"A fool and his money are easily parted" huh?
I'm not too young a fella, so I have heard this a time or twelve myself, in various form or another.... my favorite being:

" A FOOL AND HIS MONEY, WILL SOON PARTY "

Great post....I've "wasted" more more money that I would like to count....for instance, I spent $5K on a 50 BMG that sits in its case.....I'll gladly spend money on something I'll use all the time.....call me a fool

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, exactly. Someone else could just come along and claim that you're being foolish for buying a Raptor over a base F-150 just because you want to be happy. It's all relative.

I believe the topic is Premiums Coming down which in other words is ADM.......and the fact that ADM is coming down in some parts of the country. Has nothing to do with being relative if it was we would all be driving the same thing. If people don't pay ADM do you think the dealers would keep the vehicle marked up? We continue to beat this dead horse.

The foolish part is paying over MSRP, but only to some of us that value our dollar and how far it goes. In today's economy its the only power we really have left. Most could care less about a neighbor and some wont even help their own damn family.

I apparently need to give an example:

In which scenario am I better off? A or B (I will round numbers for this example and no money down)

A.2017 Raptor 802A etc, MSRP $65,000 +TTL(assume 5%($3250tax & $375 TL) now add in my $5k ADM + TTL(5%=$3500+$375) =$73,875
72 months at 3%=$1122 month

B. 2017 Raptor 802A etc. MSRP $65,000 + TTL($3250 +$375) =$68,625
72 months at 3%=$1042

What can I do with $5250 you ask? (because to some its not much money)....
Backflip cover $800
Method Wheels $850
5* tuner $350
Bedrug or spray in liner $400
Window tint $200
Full year of insurance $800
I still have $1850 left..............

*Add in the $80 more a month if you finance that's an additional $5760 you pay for the life of the loan. In this example are you willing to spend $11,010 more for the same Truck?

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

I quoted exactly what you wrote and pointed out your hypocrisy

Go along now, Scooter, let the big boys talk about trucks

As blind as the DNC as well, was that my whole post? I think not :flipthebird: If you quote the entire post you would have been able to comprehend and see that there is nothing hypocritical about my statement....I take that back obviously you cannot. Go back to your thesaurus and let the auto enthusiast talk.

Last edited:

8zero8

Reaction score
Great post....I've "wasted" more more money that I would like to count....for instance, I spent $5K on a 50 BMG that sits in its case.....I'll gladly spend money on something I'll use all the time.....call me a fool

I did the same thing...sorta....Mine was the MRAD .338 LM, I shot a friends...then ordered mine, it was that damned Multi Role Brown, got me at first glance. Let's be honest, we all spend money foolishly, every single one of us...But is our decision how much, and how often. Let's be honest, this is not the most practical of trucks...I still have an HD truck for a reason! It is foolish to apply practical, logical arguments to what is clearly an emotional purchase decision.