Premiums coming down fast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey it's your money if you have to have [a Raptor] go ahead and pay [$20k over a regular F150]

I hope you can see why you're sanctimonious point is an absolute contradiction

You're doing the same thing he is, he's just going 5k farther than you

We're all paying up for a luxury so stop with the holier than thou saving for my kids BS

Nailed it.

Sorry, not sorry I have the money to spend.

My original post was merely pointing out the fact that people want to talk down about those of us who have already purchased it, whether it was 1k over msrp or 20k over msrp. Maybe we can afford it while still investing money? As history has told with the raptors, the prices don't go down much.

As already pointed out, if you are so worried about your kids education, how about you buy a regular F150 and not talk down to those of us who are enjoying ourselves already.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

I believe the topic is Premiums Coming down which in other words is ADM.......and the fact that ADM is coming down in some parts of the country. Has nothing to do with being relative if it was we would all be driving the same thing. If people don't pay ADM do you think the dealers would keep the vehicle marked up? We continue to beat this dead horse.

The foolish part is paying over MSRP, but only to some of us that value our dollar and how far it goes. In today's economy its the only power we really have left. Most could care less about a neighbor and some wont even help their own damn family.

I apparently need to give an example:

In which scenario am I better off? A or B (I will round numbers for this example and no money down)

A.2017 Raptor 802A etc, MSRP $65,000 +TTL(assume 5%($3250tax & $375 TL) now add in my $5k ADM + TTL(5%=$3500+$375) =$73,875
72 months at 3%=$1122 month

B. 2017 Raptor 802A etc. MSRP $65,000 + TTL($3250 +$375) =$68,625
72 months at 3%=$1042

What can I do with $5250 you ask? (because to some its not much money)....
Backflip cover $800
Method Wheels $850
5* tuner $350
Bedrug or spray in liner $400
Window tint $200
Full year of insurance $800
I still have $1850 left..............

*Add in the $80 more a month if you finance that's an additional $5760 you pay for the life of the loan. In this example are you willing to spend $11,010 more for the same Truck?

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

As blind as the DNC as well, was that my whole post? I think not :flipthebird: If you quote the entire post you would have been able to comprehend and see that there is nothing hypocritical about my statement....I take that back obviously you cannot. Go back to your thesaurus and let the auto enthusiast talk.

Yep... I have a loaded (except cf) and already getting a 5k wrap and retrax cover...

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Great post....I've "wasted" more more money that I would like to count....for instance, I spent $5K on a 50 BMG that sits in its case.....I'll gladly spend money on something I'll use all the time.....call me a fool

Ugh I can relate. Out of all of my Guns I shoot maybe 2 of them regularly haha. No 50bmg though :( lucky.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

I find it amusing that my quote made you think of your quote. So, to be clear (according to your quote) If you have money, and you part with it: you're a fool? Or is it only if you part with it easily. Does this hold true across the spectrum of expenditures, or is there a minimum threshold of acceptable "parting of one's money" before they are doomed to be labeled a fool? Ok, despite my tone here, I am really a light hearted guy, it just made me smile a bit when I read your reply. Maybe you were winking as you typed your reply as well?
"A fool and his money are easily parted" huh?
I'm not too young a fella, so I have heard this a time or twelve myself, in various form or another.... my favorite being:

" A FOOL AND HIS MONEY, WILL SOON PARTY "

Bravo. I like what you did there.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The foolish part is paying over MSRP

If anything in your example I would suggest the foolish part is taking a loan out to buy a car that is by all accounts a luxury vehicle. So in the end I'll get my truck at $5k over MSRP and you'll take a loan out. If I did my math right you'll end up paying $1,909 more than me and I'll get my truck today. These are stupid comparisons.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anything in your example I would suggest the foolish part is taking a loan out to buy a car that is by all accounts a luxury vehicle. So in the end I'll get my truck at $5k over MSRP and you'll take a loan out. If I did my math right you'll end up paying $1,909 more than me and I'll get my truck today. These are stupid comparisons.

LMAO You might want to check your calculations.

I knew this was the next retort, you guys paying ADM are really dense to even attempt to get through to. In no way comparing apples to apples paying $5k over are you going to come out ahead. Enjoy your truck I hope they are everything the first gen is and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jackie

Reaction score
I take back what I said about MSRP and lower being around the corner...

Obviously there are more than a few people willing to pay a premium. Hopefully you financial morons j/k don't run out of money before its time to sell my '17. Not kidding.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the topic is Premiums Coming down which in other words is ADM.......and the fact that ADM is coming down in some parts of the country. Has nothing to do with being relative if it was we would all be driving the same thing. If people don't pay ADM do you think the dealers would keep the vehicle marked up? We continue to beat this dead horse.

The foolish part is paying over MSRP, but only to some of us that value our dollar and how far it goes. In today's economy its the only power we really have left. Most could care less about a neighbor and some wont even help their own damn family.

I apparently need to give an example:

In which scenario am I better off? A or B (I will round numbers for this example and no money down)

A.2017 Raptor 802A etc, MSRP $65,000 +TTL(assume 5%($3250tax & $375 TL) now add in my $5k ADM + TTL(5%=$3500+$375) =$73,875
72 months at 3%=$1122 month

B. 2017 Raptor 802A etc. MSRP $65,000 + TTL($3250 +$375) =$68,625
72 months at 3%=$1042

What can I do with $5250 you ask? (because to some its not much money)....
Backflip cover $800
Method Wheels $850
5* tuner $350
Bedrug or spray in liner $400
Window tint $200
Full year of insurance $800
I still have $1850 left..............

*Add in the $80 more a month if you finance that's an additional $5760 you pay for the life of the loan. In this example are you willing to spend $11,010 more for the same Truck?

Quite honestly if it needs to be rationalized this much, or you're borrowing 100% of the truck at 3% over 6 years, maybe a $65,000 toy truck isn't the right purchase....just my thinking

Count me as one of the "fools", "morons", etc. willing to pay a premium to get a truck now....I work extremely hard and make a good living.....luckily $5K does not affect me, and I will long forget the money spent as I rack up the miles.....

Last edited:

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew this was the next retort, you guys paying ADM are really dense to even attempt to get through to. In no way comparing apples to apples paying $5k over are you going to come out ahead. Enjoy your truck I hope they are everything the first gen is and more.

I 100% agree. In an apples to apples comparison there's no way spending $5k over MSRP is going to be less money than MSRP. In your hyper-specific example you are of course right. But that's not the issue anyone had with what you said. You started throwing around words like "foolish" just because someone imputes a different value to their time. Someone else could just as easily call you foolish because you're buying a luxury truck. That's what WE'RE saying to address your comments.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quite honestly if it needs to be rationalized this much, or you're borrowing 100% of the truck at 3% over 6 years, maybe a $65,000 toy truck isn't the right purchase....just my thinking

Agreed 100% it is an example nothing more to show a comparison msrp vs adm it will hold true if you put any amount down or pay in full.

If you would like I can run an example for your scenario.

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I 100% agree. In an apples to apples comparison there's no way spending $5k over MSRP is going to be less money than MSRP. In your hyper-specific example you are of course right. But that's not the issue anyone had with what you said. You started throwing around words like "foolish" just because someone imputes a different value to their time. Someone else could just as easily call you foolish because you're buying a luxury truck. That's what WE'RE saying to address your comments.

Exactly.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get it man you want it first and you will pay for the price of admission, you don't care about the next guy. I am guilty of using the word foolish I will own that. There are better words for it but I don't know you so I will keep them to myself from now on, my apologies. We are talking about the 2017 Ford Raptor yes?

Enjoy your 17' Raptor!

Last edited:

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed 100% it is an example nothing more to show a comparison msrp vs adm it will hold true if you put any amount down or pay in full.

If you would like I can run an example for your scenario.

lol.....I don't think I need you to run a spreadsheet to show me what it would cost......$5,000 plus my state tax of 0.0625% = $5,312.50....no financing

There's a lot I can do with that money.....including buying a truck now!