Premiums coming down fast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carholic

Reaction score
Just got a price update from Truckville on a Raptor I was looking at online. They are now at $3K over. Also got several emails from dealers I have contacted thru cars.com and autotrader, and they are also now asking $3K over for Raptors in stock. At this rate, it will be MSRP in a month or two, and then discounts after that. Just hold tight for a few months! Ford is not gonna stop pumping them out.

We will then get what we want and pay what we want. :happy107:

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Reminds me of the quote,

"A fool and his money are easily parted"

Jackie

Reaction score
I think the MSRP game is almost up.

Within a three week span I had a dealer offer an allocation to me at $10k over...I do believe it was another dealer's allocation as this dealer was out of allocations.

The dealer came back weeks later with "news from their area Ford Rep" and had another order they could place. Sounds like an additional allocation? I bit and placed an order at MSRP. I had previously offered MSRP and didn't try to negotiate below...but it was there or close...

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a price update from Truckville on a Raptor I was looking at online. They are now at $3K over. Also got several emails from dealers I have contacted thru cars.com and autotrader, and they are also now asking $3K over for Raptors in stock. At this rate, it will be MSRP in a month or two, and then discounts after that. Just hold tight for a few months! Ford is not gonna stop pumping them out.

We will then get what we want and pay what we want. :happy107:

Time will tell. I wish you the very best in your journey in bringing one home, and for a reasonable price. However, history is always a good place to start with, when looking towards the future. I had 2 of the Gen 1 Raptors, '13 and a '14, and all the local dealers never came down much off MSRP. Actually, from about 2010 through 2013, a $5K premium was the norm for my local dealer....they held on all the way until the end actually, with their 2014 units. The other dealers, say within a 40 mile radius, held pretty close to MSRP through to the end of the Gen 1. Were other dealers in the country selling for less? Oh yes. But if you're the kind of guy that likes your vehicle passing through a limited number of hands, i.e. not trucking or driving your acquisition in from other surrounding states, then your options were limited. Ultimately, I have no doubt the premiums will eventually largely dry up. I also have no doubt that, at least in my area, the Raptor market will remain lean and strong, and MSRP-deals will continue to be the norm, for years to come.

kenb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my 2012 in August 2011 thru my small local dealer. They had never seen one at that time except on trucks passing thru. I paid $500 over invoice with no hassle. Mine came in January 2012. It pays to do business locally if possible and build a relationship. I had known my salesman for 30+ years. I only have 3800 miles on my 12 but I am thinking of buying a Gen2 next year. I suspect the prices will be reasonable by then. I hope.