Premium payment to buy a ford raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SQAudiophile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a whole thread by WyoStorm listing all dealers that actually sell at fair prices, even at invoice.

If time is on your side. You should order and not give those a-holes your hard earned money.

OP
OP
K

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well as i understand, they are willing to premium the ford raptor as long is bought right from the dealership and not waiting order.

OP
OP
K

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to the salesman at another dealer, they have a similar raptor, but with the same premium 5k above msrp. I m trying to megotiate the price.
Since i bought them a svt lightning at 03 then another raptor at 2012 and now this.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, the premium is not having to wait to take delivery... You want it at or below msrp order it and wait, or buy it at a dealer lot for msrp+...

Simple supply and demand... As long as there are people willing to pay above msrp to take delivery right then instead of waiting.. Dealers are going to do it.. It is manufacture "suggested" retail price..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Last edited:

bluepig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Broker

^^This^^.
The best way to avoid the whole thing is to order it, and hope your dealership plays it straight with you (as in they don't sell your slot out from under you; seen it happen many times) or go through a broker. I did the latter, paid their fee, waited my time, and got my Raptor well below MSRP. I don't do dealerships any more, period.

Big J: Do you have contact info for a good broker? I am almost ready to pull the trigger on a raptor and have already been told by local dealer in houston (Planet Ford)that the common practice is $5,000 + MSRP. They said they would "cut me a deal" and do $3000 + MSRP if i ordered. I figured this was B.S. and would rather go through a broker anyway and order since i can wait to get the best deal.

Any info would help... thx

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Big J: Do you have contact info for a good broker? I am almost ready to pull the trigger on a raptor and have already been told by local dealer in houston (Planet Ford)that the common practice is $5,000 + MSRP. They said they would "cut me a deal" and do $3000 + MSRP if i ordered. I figured this was B.S. and would rather go through a broker anyway and order since i can wait to get the best deal.

Any info would help... thx
Yup total BS.

My suggestion is to maybe look up "Auto broker" on Yelp for your area. See what other folks say and hopefully find one that seems to be well respected. That's how I found the company I used (Cartelligent).

No matter what you do, don't pay over sticker. If your experience ends up being anything like mine, you're going to 1) pay your broker his fee ($500 in my case), 2) spend 1/2hr on the phone with them defining exactly what you want, 3) let them find/order it for a price you're willing to pay ($500 over invoice in my case; this was during the first year of production and the dealer needed some incentive to sell me their order slot), 4) work with them to arrange any financing if needed, 5) sit back and wait and then 6) go pick it up washed waxed and gassed with little more than a signature or two (took 10 minutes total in my case, and most of that was because we took our time with the walk around making sure it was tip top).

No stress, no wasted time, no bickering or dickering, no upsells through the wazzoo... just a nice smooth easy transaction. The way it should be.

Last edited: