Premium payment to buy a ford raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im calling BS on that as well. what they are doing is some kind of market adjustment. raptors arent rare enough to justify that kind of poking.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Dealers here in SoCal will mark them up $10,000 for existing inventory knowing that some shmuck will come along and pay over MSRP to take it home and not wait. Typically if you place an order and wait 8-12 weeks you can get a price below MSRP. All dealers have the ability to order Raptors. I think the days of "SVT" dealers are long gone. Keep calling around and you will find a place willing to sell you one at MSRP or below.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
You can get the blue accent package in only the Blue Flame, tux Black, or Oxford White trucks. Can't get it in the Race Red or Terrain.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealers here in SoCal will mark them up $10,000 for existing inventory knowing that some shmuck will come along and pay over MSRP to take it home and not wait. Typically if you place an order and wait 8-12 weeks you can get a price below MSRP. All dealers have the ability to order Raptors. I think the days of "SVT" dealers are long gone. Keep calling around and you will find a place willing to sell you one at MSRP or below.
^^This^^. There are no such things as "SVT dealerships" anymore. All can get them, but they do have to wait in line.

Also +1 on the markup. There are areas around the country (SoCal, SFBay, sounds like Miami...) where dealer markups are standard operating procedure. And people pay it every day.

The best way to avoid the whole thing is to order it, and hope your dealership plays it straight with you (as in they don't sell your slot out from under you; seen it happen many times) or go through a broker. I did the latter, paid their fee, waited my time, and got my Raptor well below MSRP. I don't do dealerships any more, period.

OP
OP
K

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The salesman told me the onlything he could do is to go 2k over the msrp.
I just going to wait for maroone ford answer they are. Getting me some good options too.

HawkeyeRaptor1

Reaction score
Don't do it. I had a dealer try to pull an $8k premium on me too. Told him what he could do with it and found a dealership by me in Illinois that ordered me a raptor at $500 above dealer invoice. I found them through some website called sureprice or truecar something like that. I ordered it the week of Christmas and it is going into production the week of Feb. 4th, not too long of a wait to save 5 grand!

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd only pay MSRP if you need/want it IMMEDIATELY. If they can order you want, you should be able to get it for near invoice or a couple grand above (still a couple grand below MSRP)

Shop around, one dealer may ask for a premium and the next will sell it to you at dealer cost. If they are not an SVT dealer they are not supposed to have a Raptor unless its used or a dealer was unloading one. Don't buy from a non SVT dealer they acquired that truck from someplace other than from a Ford order.

That's not correct. As mentioned above, the days of SVT dealerships is no more. That's how it used to be, there were certified SVT dealerships, but they did away with that a long while back. Now any dealership can sell or order SVT vehicles.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I m willing to pay a msrp price for the truck, but not more than is listed.
SVT dealership are the one who has the right to sell svt line paying a monthy fee. I think is around 10k monthly. Some of the dealer doesnt have it, i think that is why they are charging that premium to me.
I going to wait for maroone ford to give me some new raptor options to choose.

That one at the dealer was the one i was looking for. 2013 sc oxford white luxury pack front and rear view camera.

Btw which are the only ford raptor colour with blue interior?

They are full of shit, they are just trying to get you to pay more because you live in a different country and they figure that you have the money to pay a bit extra.

They are also probably basing their pricing on the previous vehicles that you guys bought from them.