Prediction: Raptor R ends up casualty of Ukraine/Russia war…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

360North

Reaction score
…Biden will continue to refuse to increase Oil production in USA, insist on higher Fuel economy standards, and gas prices will soar into the $5 to $7+ range for 87 octane…Ford will decide the business case is no longer there (even if it’s ready for production), due to current economic conditions and kill/postpone the Raptor R project.

So…if you were planning on holding out for a Gen3, until they released & started taking orders for the Raptor R…you might miss out on a Gen3 altogether.

Also…heard a rumor that, even if they did put the Raptor R into production…they may run the orders like they did for the Ford GT supercar, by invite ONLY…which disqualifies most people right out of the gate.

Either way…I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

Just my .02

drbubbles84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll see! But I think the business case for a limited production super truck that only the wealthiest can afford and that will undoubtedly sell out regardless of gas prices, will still be there. No one that can afford to blow 100-150k on a toy will say "well I was going to spend that... but not now that gas is so expensive!".

That said, you might be right. The world doesn't seem to make much sense anymore...

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We'll see! But I think the business case for a limited production super truck that only the wealthiest can afford and that will undoubtedly sell out regardless of gas prices, will still be there. No one that can afford to blow 100-150k on a toy will say "well I was going to spend that... but not now that gas is so expensive!".

That said, you might be right. The world doesn't seem to make much sense anymore...
I think it could go either way. Often in recessions, rich people pull back even though there's no logical reason to do so. They join the general fearfulness. It probably depends on way too many variables for anyone like us to predict accurately.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it could go either way. Often in recessions, rich people pull back even though there's no logical reason to do so. They join the general fearfulness. It probably depends on way too many variables for anyone like us to predict accurately.
When people live in fear, the middle class, protects their family and holds them close, the rich hold their money closer than their family. Prove me wrong, lol.

Tampaukfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A likely scenario if gas prices go over $5.00. During the last recession fuel prices killed the Hummer, dealers couldnt give them away. Electric trucks will also cut into niche trucks likes the Raptor and TRX. Most Raptors never sniff sand or any kind of dirt, an electric version with the same suspension even if it only had 160-170 miles of range would sell well.

Zev

Reaction score
A likely scenario if gas prices go over $5.00. During the last recession fuel prices killed the Hummer, dealers couldnt give them away. Electric trucks will also cut into niche trucks likes the Raptor and TRX. Most Raptors never sniff sand or any kind of dirt, an electric version with the same suspension even if it only had 160-170 miles of range would sell well.
Out here in Commiefornia from FL working a contract for the last month, fuel prices are over $5 in many areas.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
$5.50 a gallon here in the Bay area for 91. Really hope OPEC gets their shit straight and/or the US can release some of that strategic reserve to ease the pain of the current situation.

I don't follow the logic that this will kill the Raptor R. Supercars will always exist and cater to those with big enough wallets to not care about the price of gas. Raptor R will be no different held to super limited numbers and out of the reach of most folks... just look at how they're handling the Bronco Raptor.

At the same time GM was killing the H2, Ford produced the GT... apples to oranges. They kill the gas guzzlers for the lay folk and keep making unobtanium for the $$$$

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$5.50 a gallon here in the Bay area for 91. Really hope OPEC gets their shit straight and/or the US can release some of that strategic reserve to ease the pain of the current situation.

I don't follow the logic that this will kill the Raptor R. Supercars will always exist and cater to those with big enough wallets to not care about the price of gas. Raptor R will be no different held to super limited numbers and out of the reach of most folks... just look at how they're handling the Bronco Raptor.

At the same time GM was killing the H2, Ford produced the GT... apples to oranges. They kill the gas guzzlers for the lay folk and keep making unobtanium for the $$$$
It's 6.44 a gallon when converted from 1.70/liter here in BC.