Prediction: Raptor R ends up casualty of Ukraine/Russia war…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife just dragged me to a local coffee festival. Yes, you read that right. 9th annual on top of that.

A big reason why I never do starbucks, or any coffee place, is because the coffee at work is free. It's really crappy coffee too, everyone complains about it. But's free. If the free coffee ever stops, then I might go buy my own.

Pretty much the same reason why government handouts don't motivate people to get a job.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I recall reading on this a few years back. Obviously, we fling gas right now, but wasn't aware that ions work as well. The big challenge seems to be propulsion without losing any mass.
That would be a big challenge. Really big. Some sort of solar sail or magnetic drive might be possible, but I don't think you can get anything resembling reasonable acceleration with them. A hydrogen ram would have to be really big and you would have to be moving pretty fast already for it to work and you would need to power some sort of magnetic funnel. The easiest solution is to use whatever mass you find laying around outside a gravity well. Lifting fuel is expensive.

Tuflehundon

Reaction score
IMO, gas will come down in the next few months. The fighting in Ukraine will be over soon, that's Putins MO. Get a bite of land, then pull out and make the world happy again. And don't forget that the midterms are coming VERY soon. Dems will get obliterated in the House and Senate if gas prices keep going up.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IMO, gas will come down in the next few months. The fighting in Ukraine will be over soon, that's Putins MO. Get a bite of land, then pull out and make the world happy again. And don't forget that the midterms are coming VERY soon. Dems will get obliterated in the House and Senate if gas prices keep going up.

Except gas prices were high before the Ukraine issue, and as I understand it, there haven't been any sanctions on Russian oil yet (could be wrong about this). Gas price could very well be a bit lower than they are at this very moment, but Biden is going to have start removing at least some of the restraints on US Energy if he wants price to go back to what they were before he took office. Yes, Dems would be smart to do this before midterms, but they don't have a track record of making smart decisions, certainly not in Biden's term of office, so no reason to think they will now. Besides, it's unlikely they will win back a lot of voters, and perhaps alienate the far left wing.

Then again, Dems don't need to win elections, they just need to get into cheating distance. As well, Dems tend to get a lot done when they are not in power. At the very least, they can generate enough hate for Republicans and conservatives that no one pays attention to how horrible they are.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hydrogen is a gas and not mined as someone stated. Water is the largest source, H2O. Gas wells provide most commercially available Hydrogen. It is far to explosive to use in auto’s. Trains, planes most commercial transportation could be an option.
Biden shutdown 11 pipelines, drilling on fed land and fracking is very limited. They intentionally raised the prices by limiting production to make their green sh.. more affordable. This administration is just stupid, they think in the moment, not tomorrow, next month or year. They just push their liberal agenda.

54Bravo

Reaction score
…Biden will continue to refuse to increase Oil production in USA, insist on higher Fuel economy standards, and gas prices will soar into the $5 to $7+ range for 87 octane…Ford will decide the business case is no longer there (even if it’s ready for production), due to current economic conditions and kill/postpone the Raptor R project.

So…if you were planning on holding out for a Gen3, until they released & started taking orders for the Raptor R…you might miss out on a Gen3 altogether.

Also…heard a rumor that, even if they did put the Raptor R into production…they may run the orders like they did for the Ford GT supercar, by invite ONLY…which disqualifies most people right out of the gate.

Either way…I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

Just my .02
OMG the ignorance of some people is astounding!!