Prediction: Raptor R ends up casualty of Ukraine/Russia war…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to continue the "more informed" part of your analyses - Killing the Keystone pipeline on day one of your presidency with an executive order and putting a moratorium of new oil and gas leases on federal land absolutely effects oil production levels.
he Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) is the primary body that regulates oil and gas companies, although a number of other federal offices oversee specific components of the oil and gas industry. BLM regulates federal onshore lands.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are several ways to create propulsion with a nuclear reactor. Essentially you use the energy to fling mass behind you, either as a gas or as ions. Nuclear power works even if the sun isn't close or isn't visible. Mining the asteroid belt is an example of where it would be rather nice.

I recall reading on this a few years back. Obviously, we fling gas right now, but wasn't aware that ions work as well. The big challenge seems to be propulsion without losing any mass.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rose colored glasses?

The Jen Juan team have been whining about EMPEGEES for 12 YEARS now: One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Fortunately the Jen Too came along and muted that conversation a little but damn...

That was some serious stream of consciousness right there.
The gen 2 snowflakes are whining about the price of gas as well, you just don't hear it very much, because you all are complaining more about the price of your precious extra foam, low calorie venti latte from Starbucks!

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Only people will decide to get rid or stop buying gas vehicles. Gotta get gas above $10-$15 a gallon before EV’s will be in a big demand. Green government agenda ain’t stupid

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hydrogen is a good way to go,they resolve the tank problem with carbon fiber,still how to make it cheap is the problem...
France is europen country with more nuclear reactor.
Germany stop their program and now are back to charcoal,but all in ex east germany!

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
…Biden will continue to refuse to increase Oil production in USA, insist on higher Fuel economy standards, and gas prices will soar into the $5 to $7+ range for 87 octane…Ford will decide the business case is no longer there (even if it’s ready for production), due to current economic conditions and kill/postpone the Raptor R project.

So…if you were planning on holding out for a Gen3, until they released & started taking orders for the Raptor R…you might miss out on a Gen3 altogether.

Also…heard a rumor that, even if they did put the Raptor R into production…they may run the orders like they did for the Ford GT supercar, by invite ONLY…which disqualifies most people right out of the gate.

Either way…I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

Just my .02

I hope it is by invite only, it almost assuredly would make me an owner due to my Gen2, and now 37pp gen3 brand new purchases amongst other Fords including gt350, mustangs, explorers et al.. it would honestly be great lol.

For now, I'm gonna bask in the greatness of my gen3 and won't need to worry about the wait. When it comes it comes but right now I have everything I could want to keep me balanced. Plus I have a Tesla and Rivian due in 6 months so if gas keeps going up.. im not in a position where I need to pay for it so should be good.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m glad to see most everyone on this forum seems aware that the “climate” concerns have nothing to do with the actual CLIMATE! It’s just adding more government to peoples lives and a source for more tax $ to be acquired. And it’s nice to know everyone on here knows exactly what ur talking about when you type BLM, (beautiful natural landscapes) and not the blm signs in all the Minneapolis windows and yards.

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem with Americans is our memories are short. The last recessions high fuel prices killed the gas guzzler truck, suv and car market. Add in the electric truck variable and history will repeat for sure.

I find the fasciation with EV's amusing, especially in the California market. They have periods of rolling blackouts already and want to tax their grid even more by pushing people to EVs.
don't forget we are in earthquake county as well. If you don’t have solar and there is a major earthquake disrupting the electric grid, could likely be without out power for a week or more…

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The gen 2 snowflakes are whining about the price of gas as well, you just don't hear it very much, because you all are complaining more about the price of your precious extra foam, low calorie venti latte from Starbucks!

Lies! I don't do Starbucks.

I am not a fan of the higher gas prices, but I'm certainly not about to trade in the truck for a Tesla or prius either.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

Hypocrisy much? Who do you think showed N00b Jen Too owners how to successfully navigate the drive thru and not spill the no caf, no soy, low carb extra venti white peppermint mocha?

I know you were on here recommending 4lo. don’t make me dig up the posts.
Lies! I don't do Starbucks.
My wife just dragged me to a local coffee festival. Yes, you read that right. 9th annual on top of that.

There was a place from Helotes that sells coffee and ammo. They didn’t bring the ammo.