Power train malfunction/Reduced Power/Malfunction Lamp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealer put a new throttle body in yesterday. When they were delivering it back to me, it threw another Powertrain Malfunction. This time it's the Turbo Boost Sensor, unrelated to the Throttle Body.

4 warranty issues in the first year. This is getting real old.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Turbo boost sensor replaced yesterday. Dealer test drove it, and it threw another error. This time they think its the mass airflow sensor

*sigh*

BigCSS78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s also the possibility that the guy up front that you talked to misinterpreted what the mechanic said when he repeated it to you.

OP
OP
D

Daxton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: New transmissions installed. Drove it home last night and to work and back today. Seems fine as it did the day before it went out 50 days ago but I haven’t been able to test it much, will have to do so this weekend at several speeds and modes. I may very skittish but every shift I cringe or hold my breath. Seems smooth enough but as someone else said it’s a lot gears to go through or should I say skip through getting up to 40-50mph and back down again.

I am really fed up with the dealer that I went to, so never again will I go back there. Hope this is permanent fix.

Love this truck but I am really debating if a ‘19 is worth the trade or just my high hopes that Ford has a better handle on the tranny. Hell - I may have a ‘19 transmission and if so it feels the same as before it went out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk