Power Steering Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I say let her open her own door. lol
Is there another steering rack which fits the Raptor, maybe something from a.Superduty? I know there was talk about using the p/s fluid pump from a Superduty.

SILVER

Reaction score
So I bought the Howe power steering kit and had a local shop install it. They had to add spacers to push out my Whipple Supercharger's intercooler so the Howe reservoir would fit. It steers at stop now but its rough to the right and really rough and loud to the left. I called Howe and they said this is normal and that I'm not the first to call about the issue. I'm not sure if I would prefer the stock pump which performs good but dies at 30k or this $1200 kit that is choppy and loud but supposedly will last. Not happy Ford didn't put some effort into getting this right in the first place. Especially considering the price of these trucks. Also so far not very happy with the Howe kit. (Power Steering TC pump, reservoir and hoses)

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I bought the Howe power steering kit and had a local shop install it. They had to add spacers to push out my Whipple Supercharger's intercooler so the Howe reservoir would fit. It steers at stop now but its rough to the right and really rough and loud to the left. I called Howe and they said this is normal and that I'm not the first to call about the issue. I'm not sure if I would prefer the stock pump which performs good but dies at 30k or this $1200 kit that is choppy and loud but supposedly will last. Not happy Ford didn't put some effort into getting this right in the first place. Especially considering the price of these trucks. Also so far not very happy with the Howe kit. (Power Steering TC pump, reservoir and hoses)

I gave up on the Howe kit, really irritating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SILVER

Reaction score
@RLTW you gave up on waiting for the rack? Or you gave up on the power steering pump kit because you installed it and it sucked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SILVER

Reaction score
I think the steering on mine is pretty tight considering the size of the tires. I was actually pretty happy with the way the stock steering worked besides the fact it died at 39k miles. I've had 2 Silverados go over 200k