Power Steering Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Safety, Ford might have been concerned that the SCAB would be too twitchy in hairy scenarios. But what they didn't know is we are all professional drivers.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Safety, Ford might have been concerned that the SCAB would be too twitchy in hairy scenarios. But what they didn't know is we are all professional drivers.

Ford increased the ratio on the screw to match the steering on the scab. It was documented someplace

svtraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is whining real bad too. Started yesterday, fluid is full.
17,000 miles on a 13' SCAB. Pump or rack? What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just info. While looking for rebuilt racks I found a place called redhead steering and gears. Haven't used them yet and no one has claimed to have used them. But their works sound pretty good.

I must apologize to all who wasted their time researching my suggestion. I finally called and found out they don't do rack and pinion systems.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 200 mile road trip tmrw. Hopefully it will hold up till I can get into the dealer later in the week...

I'm glad your dealer will be checking this out soon, svtraptor13. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see when you have any news.

Crystal

13raptorcrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ps pump is getting replaced as we speak (as it was whining). Pretty sad that the pump only last 55k miles... Even more frustrating is that it is not covered under the powertrain 5yr60k warranty.