Post Mod Blues/Any regrets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Rick, appreciate you posting this. I have drug my feet on anything past my BD Lights, upgraded stereo, BAKflip cover, various cosmetic stuff, undercover swing case, gun safe, and some Forscan mods. After reading different experiences here on the forum, I was nervous about running into exactly what you are dealing with. You just made me a lot more comfortable to stick with my choices. Rattles and clunks drive me insane until I can fix them.

I have the 8 year warranty and a dealer that actually has good techs to take care of any warranty stuff I run into.

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of noises, I hate how all the plastic on the b pillars rattles when going over large bumps. Am I the only one?

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post, it reassures me as to why I’m keeping my 2020 stock. It drives great, and 9 out of 10 problems people have seem to be from trucks that are modified. I get nothing but compliments and great performance on my stock raptor

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
In my decades of pickup ownership incredibly rarely, if ever, has aftermarket improved my ride. Maybe Baja lights or a cool topper. Most of the rest is marketing, not all, but most.
I'm going to agree, one of the things I was hoping to gain was less sag when towing our travel trailer. The gain was minimal if anything. Nothing revolutionary.

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Thanks for the post, it reassures me as to why I’m keeping my 2020 stock. It drives great, and 9 out of 10 problems people have seem to be from trucks that are modified. I get nothing but compliments and great performance on my stock raptor
I popped my trucks cherry at 2500 miles completely stock almost one year exact. It did really well. Of course I saw all the other cool trucks on the run and quickly made a mental note of the things I needed and wanted to add. They help a little but it did fine while stock too. Exceptions would be the leaf springs they flattened out immediately or settled. Not sure but my truck was at 40 inches high on the rear. If I could do it all over again, I'd keep it stock and start modding after warranty expires. I was ready to do more things, such as hardwired radio, tire rack, chase lights, and the whole thing. Not too sure about that now. Maybe later after warranty runs out. My dealer has good techs but also have an eagle eye for aftermarket add-ons and are quick to blame those whenever possible. My point is, unless your going to do some serious off-roading, these trucks are more than capable for most of us in stock form. Keep it stock and be careful, malls are packed during the holidays.

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Rick, appreciate you posting this. I have drug my feet on anything past my BD Lights, upgraded stereo, BAKflip cover, various cosmetic stuff, undercover swing case, gun safe, and some Forscan mods. After reading different experiences here on the forum, I was nervous about running into exactly what you are dealing with. You just made me a lot more comfortable to stick with my choices. Rattles and clunks drive me insane until I can fix them.

I have the 8 year warranty and a dealer that actually has good techs to take care of any warranty stuff I run into.
I hear you on that, noises annoy the crap out of me. I can't even listen to a podcast while driving otherwise the background clunk reminds me that something is not right back there. I just spent an hour under the truck looking for loose bolts. I even checked my BAKflip and snugged those side rail bolts down. One side had some play. You'd be surprised how many things come loose over time out in the desert. The leaf spring have markings on the U bolts and they haven't moved. Think I'm going to double check and see if they were torqued properly. I'm running out of ideas. I just hope the off-road shop that installed them has some experience with this sort of stuff and they can find the problem.

We have similar mods, but when it comes to more serious things that involve how to vehicle drives. It can lead to issues which is what I'm experiencing.

gr8scott_o

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've an outlet for my modding bug, don't even get me started on the issues and drivability loss you get in these things:

IMG_20200607_133824.jpg

So for now, the Raptor remains stock... Except for shorty antenna, fender liners, mud flaps, rigid lights, beadlocks, new tires, ceramic coating... Oh crap, I'm doing it again!

PXL_20210929_130950883.jpg

Mk1 Caddy

Reaction score
Yup, got a tune from MPT tuning. Truck never felt like it gained any hp. It behaved more like a pedal commander0, I timed it and it was exactly the same only the pedal was more sensitive. Not worth losing my engine waranty thats for sure. Also got the Icon clunk aswell dosen't bother me too much.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Being that my Gen 1 is fully modded you name it i got it . A lot of money spent to do everything right. My Gen 2 i know what i'm not messing with shocks, springs ,bumpers ,37's ,gears, exhaust . I just put wheels and tires on Gen2 few weeks ago stock sizes . I told myself if it rides rougher or handles different they are coming back off. So far they ride nice and are quiet. The only thing i am messing with is making it faster, tune , intercooler , ams tubes , thermostat , Throttlebody , spark plugs .