possible 2012 changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the order guide for the 2012 F-150 due out any day now. What kind of changes do you think Ford is going to make to the Raptor and what would you like to see.

rightNut

Reaction score
1. I would like to see the ability to turn off the incredibly annoying key-in-ignition chime.

2. Improvements to the productivity screen, like a gauge mode that actually displayed more than one item, a user customizable screen where you pick what you want to see, or at least a combination display that showed mph at bottom, direction at top, miles to emptying left, and number of gawks from chevy owners on right (or something else useful).

3. A factory mpg mode could be useful for those of us who have a hard time not putting our foot into it.

4. The backup screen and other displays need to boot up about 5 times faster. I have my seatbelt on, truck in reverse, and two gulps of coffee down while I'm waiting to backup...

5. Stronger frame--no issues with mine yet, but I'm concerned.

6. A more useable center console, divided, with better organization, and a lid that swings toward the passenger.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Having logged literally thousands of miles in my Raptor in the desert... much of it at fairly high speeds... I am not concerned about the frame at all.

The guys bending their frames are clearly exceeding the limits of the vehicle in my opinion. If someone loaded a 10,000 lb roll of steel into the bed of the Raptor and it bent the frame, most people wouldn't blame the truck.

It just stands to reason that if you take a 6000 lb truck with a stock frame and hit a bump or jump hard enough to pull several G's, something might bend... During a 5 g hit, the Raptor suspension has to absorb about 30,000 lbs of "weight". It doesn't surprise me to see blown suspension bushings, bent spindles, bent bump stops, and bent frames with those kinds of force! (And my guess is more than 5 g's are easily experienced landing off a jump or hitting a ledge or drop off at 90+ mph)

I'd really like to see the Ecoboost in the Raptor.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great thread Tank. And that's an excellent response Mark!

My wants:

* EcoBoost!
* Lighten the truck by hundreds of pounds
* MORE USER FRIENDLY NAV FOR OFFROADING!
* Better, whiter headlights!
* Space for a dual battery underhood
* Optional under-truck protection package
* Cab controlled anti-sway bar disconnect!
* Easy-to-remove rear seat
* Optional bed tie down system
* USB plug in center console (so we don't have to run a cable there)
* Dash lights that come on whenever the headlights are on :thumbsup:
* Factory protection for ABS brake sensors especially in the rear
* Longer Upfitter switch wires behind the glovebox! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
* Redesign/relocate the bump stops (more likely than a frame redesign)

quicksinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are currently no talks of ecoboost going into the Raptor. This is coming from a good source that has ties with Ford and SVT. Sorry guys. For me I would like a flux capacitor in the dash and a Stig as a co-driver

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I want a camera in the front and maybe some cloth seats...maybe the color red added to the lineup and the orange taken out.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
I want a camera in the front and maybe some cloth seats...maybe the color red added to the lineup and the orange taken out.
So you're buying a new truck next year? :)

I'd really like to see a 2 wheel driver version
Less electronics(no hill decent, back up sensor's, back up camera etc. etc.)
Matching fender flares from factory

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey! There's nothing wrong with Orange. Why red? If there is another earthquake in Japan the Raptors can't be painted, not good for production. Cloth seats are a an excellent idea though.

Not so much for the new trucks, but a supercharger for the 5.4L would be great...I assume for the 6.2 it would be nice too.

Definitely a headlight indicator on the dash...like Dan stated...like I stated before...

A track system and more tie-down points for the bed.