GEN 2 Poll for the Ages

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lights on is a 2017. The owner is in his late 20s. Mines is the one with the lights off. It's a 2018. I'm 23. We're both from San Diego, CA.

View attachment 131609

Can’t seem to shake the “What do you do” thread that died.

How do you guys in your 20’s have Gen2’s AND live in California? I live in IL, am nearly taxed to death as much as Cali, make over 60k and can’t seem to figure it out.

Do you own businesses - if so what? Do you own homes too - Cali mortgages are crazy? Do you have student loans? Am I missing something here? Asking for a friend. ;)

34 w used Gen1, first Raptor.

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score

How do you guys in your 20’s have Gen2’s AND live in California? I live in IL, am nearly taxed to death as much as Cali, make over 60k and can’t seem to figure it out.

Do you own businesses - if so what? Do you own homes too - Cali mortgages are crazy? Do you have student loans? Am I missing something here? Asking for a friend. ;)

I live in texas got a buddy that moved out to cali. Says they have 50 year mortgages out that way. something I never heard of, so maybe 84-96 month car loans?

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually when I lived in San Diego back in 2006.... I was at BMW dealer window shopping M3's. Salesman asked if I wanted to work a deal on one... I said no thanks, out of my pay grade. He asked what my current payment was. I told him 450.00. He came back 10 min later with the keys and paperwork showing a 450.00 payment. I laughed and thought he was joking. Here it was legit. Had me down for 8 year loan with first 4 years being a balloon payment setup. It was crazy!....

Btw I'm 37 now and have 19 raptor

Trackar

Full Access Member
Reaction score

In my case, two business, a hair salon and a mobile detailing business. No mortgage since I’m not sure where I want to settle down, but I am currently looking. No student loans since I dropped out...Also trade crypto and stocks here and there. Working on two more businesses too. A lot of it is knowing how to manage your money properly not so much what you do imo. But yes California is stupidly expensive in some cases.

deltamonkey32

Reaction score

No need to be petty. Depends on your line of work. I have friends who are 23 making $250K-$300K working at Investment Banks and others in Commercial Real Estate Development Making $150k+.

I had a lot of great opportunities due to my family, education, and the environment where I grew up. All of which I am grateful for. My family started a home remodeling company a few years ago that I'm part of. Which is a unique opportunity I wouldn't have had otherwise. It doesn't make me better than anyone else because of it; it's just the hand I was dealt.

Sorry if that bothers you.

Last edited:

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my case, two business, a hair salon and a mobile detailing business. No mortgage since I’m not sure where I want to settle down, but I am currently looking. No student loans since I dropped out...Also trade crypto and stocks here and there. Working on two more businesses too. A lot of it is knowing how to manage your money properly not so much what you do imo. But yes California is stupidly expensive in some cases.

Completely agree. Where are you located?