Pickle Indeed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TanneRd

Reaction score
Just say NO to Hennessy. If you need more reasons to talk yourself out of it, read the horror stories on Viper and Corvette forums. Or read the Jalopnik articles for a summary.
Thanks for the input fellas; curiosity got the best of me after Clevergirls post and I ended up reading the viper story where the guy was 140k+ deep in a build and I couldn’t believe what I was reading.

When I checked out Whipple’s website it showed like 945hp on 93 octane? I don’t meant to be a size queen…but I long for a four figure hp vehicle one day. Would you have a local shop install something like that or do you think my local Ford dealer could handle it?

Thanks again!

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if a dealer could handle that but I know the transmission isn't going to handle a thousand horsepower..... You want four digit horsepower that you can use, there's a lot of custom build besides a Whipple supercharger.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if a dealer could handle that but I know the transmission isn't going to handle a thousand horsepower..... You want four digit horsepower that you can use, there's a lot of custom build besides a Whipple supercharger.
There are plenty of mustangs running around with 1000whp and 10r80s doing just fine. It’s the torque that you need to keep an eye on. The R does have an upgraded torque converter though.

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think its too soon to upgrade supercharger on an R. Whipple just starting playing around and its only for the 23. Theres a member and thread whose supercharging and it was going slowly last time i checked. There is still prolly growning pains. Gen 1 superchargers arent without issues too

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think its too soon to supercharge an R. Whipple just starting playing around and its only for the 23. Theres a member and thread whose supercharging and it was going slowly last time i checked. There is still prolly growning pains. Gen 1 superchargers arent without issues too
Not sure what to think about that post!

You know they are supercharged from the factory, right?

Swapping the supercharger to a larger/more effecient design is not a big deal. Turn nuts/bolts, remove old, install new, turn nuts/bolts.

The tuning is the difficult part on the new vehicles since they keep them so locked down now compared to back in the day. Whipple has a tune though, so even that is not a factor.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are plenty of mustangs running around with 1000whp and 10r80s doing just fine. It’s the torque that you need to keep an eye on. The R does have an upgraded torque converter though.
Interesting, with the standard clutch pack? Or were they upgraded, that trans wasn't built for a thousand horsepower initially and while it may take it in the beginning, I can't imagine Fort is putting out a stock transmission that can handle that power