Picked my Truck up Last Night….and I Already Have a Leak.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s Ford’s version of Autopilot that comes standard on all Tesla vehicles.

Tesla charges $10,000, or $199/month, for their bogus “Full self driving” option. Ford only charges $600 for what is essentially the same thing, L2 driver assistance. Best of all, unlike con artist muskrat’s overhyped and underperforming “autopilot”, Ford’s system doesn’t run into the back of stopped emergency vehicles or semis.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The BlueCruise system functions on two levels currently, without paying the 600$ fee the lane keep assist will maintain the truck in the lane but you havee to keep you hands on the wheel, hence you warning telling you to put a hand on the wheel. When you activate the full BlueCruise with the fee it allows you to take your hands off the wheel and makes the cameras facing the driver functional for maintaining focus on the road ahead. You should be able to disable these safety systems in the menus somewhere, I can on my Fusion by hitting a button to turn off lane keeping and the auto cruise control, but why would you want to disable helpful safety features. I know first hand they can help prevent an accident
This seems to be the best explanation. I know that they aren't going to give us all BlueCruise for free when they have been advertising it for $600.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don’t have many problems same as tundra cuz they’re 20 year old designs that they keep tweaking. If they are tasked w/ designing an important halo vehicle from the ground up they just pi$$ their pants & call BMW bahahajjahajaj
My wife has an affinity for Land Cruisers and is currently on her 3rd. I know Toyota well. Pretty well built, but flawless they are not. Miles behind in tech as well. Hold their value well though.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tesla charges $10,000, or $199/month, for their bogus “Full self driving” option. Ford only charges $600 for what is essentially the same thing, L2 driver assistance. Best of all, unlike con artist muskrat’s overhyped and underperforming “autopilot”, Ford’s system doesn’t run into the back of stopped emergency vehicles or semis.

Autopilot is standard on all Tesla models. FSD, Full Self Driving, is currently a $10k option.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife has an affinity for Land Cruisers and is currently on her 3rd. I know Toyota well. Pretty well built, but flawless they are not. Miles behind in tech as well. Hold their value well though.
Yes however the Land Cruiser is the diamond in the sea of mediocrity that is toyota, and honestly should not even be held to the standard of all other toyotas. That model is overengineered and overbuilt for a reason and that is why they hold their values and also have a starting price of around 80k$, as explained by an online car enthusiast I heard talk about this subject on a Joe Rogan podcast, The Toyota Land Cruiser is built with engineering and components designed for a 25 year service life.... a monsterous 15 years more than all other vehicles they, and generally speaking all other manufacturers, design and produce. Comparing that vehicle to any other toyota product as far as longeity and retaining value would be like comparing a brick to dog squeeze on which would last longer in it current form in a monsoon.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This seems to be the best explanation. I know that they aren't going to give us all BlueCruise for free when they have been advertising it for $600.
no the full functionality of it won't come for free, but the general safety features of it are there and available to use, just requires a hand or, not that I would suggest anyone do this for safety reasons, a 2.5lb ankle weight on the steering wheel for the car to drive itself. Ive test driven a Mach-E with the system in and feel that it was much improved over the basic lane keep assist and auto cruise control of my 2017 Platinum Fusion Energi. It too asked me to keep my hands on the wheel but the overall function seemed improved and much better.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cmon guys. Toyotas have problems too. My rav4 needs water pumps religiously every 60k. And let’s not forget the exploding airbags, sticking accelerators, frames rusting in half. I loved my 4runner. Great vehicle, but I also loved my JLUR wrangler, and I’m looking forward to the 3rd Gen raptor (if it ever shows up).
While I agree with you, I’m just going off of experience. I’ve owned Toyota’s and Honda’s all my life with a couple domestics mixed in, but never a Ford. I’m a huge believer that if you take care of your vehicles, they will take care of you- no matter the brand.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
They don’t have many problems same as tundra cuz they’re 20 year old designs that they keep tweaking. If they are tasked w/ designing an important halo vehicle from the ground up they just pi$$ their pants & call BMW bahahajjahajaj

Not for nothing, but Toyota isn’t really putting a significant dent in sales

Ford has forgotten more about making trucks than Toyota knows.

Now, that’s not to gloss over some goofs here. I can still remember the Gen2 guy whose radiator hose busted off in the first few miles. But, look at the number of ‘hey I just got my truck’ posts’ with no drama vs. how many with some kind of problem.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This type of thing makes we weary about jumping from a Tacoma to a 2022 Raptor.
Wait, . . WHAT ???? Your handle is '' BaseRaptor'' with a photo of a blue raptor off-roading, been a Full Access member since 6-12-2019 and you drive a Tacoma and never owned a Raptor ????? And now your ''Weary'' about owning a Raptor ?? :suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide: