Picked my Truck up Last Night….and I Already Have a Leak.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tacomas are great trucks and those that deny it just do

There is nothing great about an outdated, cheaply built, cramped, overpriced, uncomfortable, and slow midsize pickup. The driving position is so bad that you basically sit on the floor, yet somehow there’s still little headroom. Even 2021 still have drum brakes, which is an absolute joke. The current model uses the gutless Atkinson cycle engine from the sienna minivan and the transmissions have had multiple reliability issues. They’re also complete rust buckets, the frames literally rot in half. Hence the $3.4 billion dollar lawsuit Toyota lost. You call that “great”?

Geesh Give me a break man, I did not say anything bad about the Raptors. There is a reason Tacomas are the number one selling mid-size truck right now and it is the cause of "reliability". I am trading mine in for a Ford Raptor and am excited about getting it. I am just saying that Tacomas are good trucks and those who deny it needs to do their research. Now move on.

They’re #1 because they were the only midsize truck on the market for a number of years aside from the frontier. Even the current outdated Ranger is cutting down their market share, once the new Ranger comes out they should lose that title.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The BlueCruise system functions on two levels currently, without paying the 600$ fee the lane keep assist will maintain the truck in the lane but you havee to keep you hands on the wheel, hence you warning telling you to put a hand on the wheel. When you activate the full BlueCruise with the fee it allows you to take your hands off the wheel and makes the cameras facing the driver functional for maintaining focus on the road ahead. You should be able to disable these safety systems in the menus somewhere, I can on my Fusion by hitting a button to turn off lane keeping and the auto cruise control, but why would you want to disable helpful safety features. I know first hand they can help prevent an accident
If you have sensors to make sure your hands are on the wheel and a camera to make sure you're looking at the road, self driving is worthless to me. I want to crawl in the back seat some night at midnight when I'm drunk and wake up the next morning in Moab ...

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have sensors to make sure your hands are on the wheel and a camera to make sure you're looking at the road, self driving is worthless to me. I want to crawl in the back seat some night at midnight when I'm drunk and wake up the next morning in Moab ...
Don't we all..... that will come with level 5 self driving. not there yet still at level 2 with all manufacturers

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
No guts no glory. Hang a 2 pound weight on the wheel. And for the drivers seat;
9CDC24F4-84EA-447E-A4C5-A4D16BC3DAFE.jpeg

party2309

Reaction score
There is nothing great about an outdated, cheaply built, cramped, overpriced, uncomfortable, and slow midsize pickup. The driving position is so bad that you basically sit on the floor, yet somehow there’s still little headroom. Even 2021 still have drum brakes, which is an absolute joke. The current model uses the gutless Atkinson cycle engine from the sienna minivan and the transmissions have had multiple reliability issues. They’re also complete rust buckets, the frames literally rot in half. Hence the $3.4 billion dollar lawsuit Toyota lost. You call that “great”?

They’re #1 because they were the only midsize truck on the market for a number of years aside from the frontier. Even the current outdated Ranger is cutting down their market share, once the new Ranger comes out they should lose that title.

Uh huh sure… The amount of lies here is not worth a response. Take care.

party2309

Reaction score
Tell me what part is a lie. I’ll wait.

I’m good as I could write a book to your response which is a waste of my time. I will say that I know a lot more about them then you do.

Reason I know is 1). Not hard to see with just reading your non-researched falsely opinionated response and 2). I have driven different ones over the past 17 years and have tons of experience with these vehicles. The closest you’ve got to driving one is I am sure looking at YouTube videos. Now go bother someone else.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m good as I could write a book to your response which is a waste of my time. I will say that I know a lot more about them then you do.

Reason I know is 1). Not hard to see with just reading your non-researched falsely opinionated response and 2). I have driven different ones over the past 17 years and have tons of experience with these vehicles. The closest you’ve got to driving one is I am sure looking at YouTube videos. Now go bother someone else.
Classic I’ve lost the argument response