Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gtibbot

Reaction score
Has anyone else since any issues with cold (as in temperature) starts? Last week, it got into the 40s at night, and the PX6 would consistently show the console screen only, the tablet software not booting at all for several minutes. It's like it needed to physically warm up before it could start up?

Also, I believe the console screen can be fixed with a patch (mine is a jittery screen among other things)...which should be applied? I don't want to just apply patches randomly as I am mostly stable.

I had the same problem, the unit would boot directly to the SYNC 2 screen, the screen would be frozen and not respond to touch (steering wheel controls did work though). I applied MCU update 29 and it has not done it since. I live in Indiana and it was 2 degrees a few morning ago.

G.T.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the same problem, the unit would boot directly to the SYNC 2 screen, the screen would be frozen and not respond to touch (steering wheel controls did work though). I applied MCU update 29 and it has not done it since. I live in Indiana and it was 2 degrees a few morning ago.

G.T.

Awesome. I'll look to get that applied. Do you happen to know the drop box link and install instructions? Hopefully this will fix the jittery, sometimes blank screen too.

My next biggest issue is occassional distortion in the audio. I believe this is the gain settings, which I just need to get around to looking at.

And I'll look at that autoboot app, since 95% of the time I'm going into to Amazon Music first thing.

Gtibbot

Reaction score
Awesome. I'll look to get that applied. Do you happen to know the drop box link and install instructions? Hopefully this will fix the jittery, sometimes blank screen too.

My next biggest issue is occassional distortion in the audio. I believe this is the gain settings, which I just need to get around to looking at.

And I'll look at that autoboot app, since 95% of the time I'm going into to Amazon Music first thing.

Link below. Copy to a FAT32 USB drive, wait until the unit indicates it can read the USB Drive. Go to System Info and choose MCU Upgrade and it should start automatically.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hetvwl4wgjlll15/RL7A.bin?dl=0

Keep in mind, I have a 2015 F150 with Auto Climate, heated/cooled seats, but this should work. I wish Phoenix would post the updated and change logs on the website!

elindley01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone on this forum and more specifically this thread. The info shared here has been the deciding factor in me placing an order for the PX6. It's crazy how much knowledge has been shared on how to get this system to work best. I'm sure once it arrives I'll need to reference this thread many time, as it has SO many learnings members have made over years and months with the PX systems. Again, thanks to each of you for helping flatten out the learning curve for everyone after you.

P.S. I did confirm the RAPTOR10 discount code is still active and available to use as of 11/16/19.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I dropped all the Gain setting from 30 down to 15 last night, and it looks like they might have eliminated the audio problems. I think I'll leave this for a week or so and see what I think.

Probably unrelated, but I could not get the console screen to flicker at all after setting the gains. I don't see how it's related, but won't apply an update if the issue doesn't reappear.

Gtibbot

Reaction score
I would like to put together a spreadsheet with user unit information to keep everyone updated on the latest MCU and firmware.

Since MCU and Firmware may differ between years, trim levels, etc., below is the info I’m looking for.

Unser Name: Gtibbot

Year: 2015

Trim Level: Platinum

MCU build: RL7A_KWY_EO29Y-FOD3-La1.07-9727

Sync version: 2

Sync Auto Climate: Yes

Sync Heated/Cooled seat: Yes

Sync Nav: Yes

Sync SiriusXM: Yes

With this info we might be able to trouble shoot common problems better and give us an idea if MCU builds are common or for a certain model/trim level/year.

You can either copy/paste the above and I can fill in the spreadsheet or the link below is for the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mnOETzYCwnAWgEkr4LmVT1QrAMuYNiPHzysSTwVBzxc/edit?usp=sharing

If you think other information should be add let me know

Thanks,

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Excellent idea @Gtibbot!

The spreadsheet is showing up as read only. I'll provide info to you when I get a chance, or if it becomes updatable.

Some possible other columns:

Launcher: Nove, Index, other
Vehicle WiFi: Yes, No
Primary Audio: Amazon, SXM, Google, Apple, etc
Carplay/Android Auto/Neither/Both
Known Bugs?:

It would also be useful to have second tab, listing the configuration options specific to tablet and what do they do. Many of these are not remotely clear by their label. For example, I believe there is one called "Parking Sound" or something similar that toggles radio volume on/off while the cameras are displayed, in reverse or otherwise. I was thinking all the possible options could be laid out and we can add explanations as we figure it out.

RAG13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you use the steering wheel buttons yet? Sorry if this question has already been answered but its a looonnggg thread!