Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Varying degrees of 'broke". I still have weird start ups, sometime even after a day, it's like a fast boot, then I'll turn off the ignition, and back on, and it goes through the whole start up ie not fast boot. Most of the time I get a wonky screen view with my sync 3 inset all zoomed in and a pic of a camera lense at the bottom, then after a few minutes it will reboot, go to the "android" screen and go back to normal. About 1/3 of the time rear camera freezes when backing up.

Just the inconsistency with each unit and install is annoying.

Gtibbot

Reaction score
Varying degrees of 'broke". I still have weird start ups, sometime even after a day, it's like a fast boot, then I'll turn off the ignition, and back on, and it goes through the whole start up ie not fast boot. Most of the time I get a wonky screen view with my sync 3 inset all zoomed in and a pic of a camera lense at the bottom, then after a few minutes it will reboot, go to the "android" screen and go back to normal. About 1/3 of the time rear camera freezes when backing up.

Just the inconsistency with each unit and install is annoying.

I was having the same problem. I see you are on the same MCU as me, but have applied the PX6 format update? This fixed the problem for me, link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jwm0mle91ph7oj/px6.zip?dl=0

How to install:

Rename the PX6.zip file to PX6_Format.zip
**With Vehicle Running
Plug in USB Drive to Unit
Turn Off Vehicle
Turn On Vehicle with Engine Running
Update should read from USB Automatically and run
Let it finish running
till it asks to Remove USB disk
Unplug USB Drive and Unit should reboot

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, downloaded it, followed your process, after reboot it goes to the android recovery screen turned sideways and I have to hit reset button

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the px6.zip to install, but I have lost all f150 stuff, some auditor something and all settings are gone
Can some one send me their setup for what I need to reset?

User info
System info
I stall set

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If someone could help out, that would fantastic, I'm dead in the water, updated the mcu and still nothing, changed the carbtypebtonf150, but still no console or nav or anything

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t know if it will help but look at post 222 of this thread and follow my posts see if that is what happened after you loaded renamed px6 file with format in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I messed with it for a couple hours and I think it may be back to normal.

Phoenix also sent 4 files, the images and factory set and touch key html files. Touch key they sent is 0 bytes tho