Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abearsfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got my unit the other day and it worked pretty much flawlessly right out of the box with my 802a 2019. tinkering around I have a few minor quirks

I implemented some of the procedures listed here in this thread (removed the speah app)but I cannot seem to get "ok google" to work, it worked at one point but not now.
"Ok Google" will only work with a Launcher that doesn't support it. I use Nova Launcher and it works fine

Early in the thread someone mentioned to not use the included speaker; what do the red and black wires on the harness connect to? I get no sound/directions from google maps.
I installed the small included speaker, not sure if I have ever heard it though, could be that the Sony center channel speaker is drowning it out. Are you using Google Maps through Android Auto or just a stand alone app?

No sound from back-up sensors.
Sorry, can't help, I have seen other mentioned this as well, but mine work (2015 F150)

Opened doors do not always show or appear on screen, no big deal they appear on the dash.
I believe only the built in launcher supports open doors showing on the screen

I installed the autoboot app as well as the web car guru launcher. After startup, the console appears, then the launcher but it goes right back to the console? I may try Nova...
I'm using autoboot to go to the SYNC screen (what they call Console) and is working fine with Nova.

Is there a way to remove the index launcher completely, I hate that menu bar and only a few buttons are useful. Can you reprogram them to point to other apps?
I possible could uninstall the index launcher, but that would not remove the top icons as they are hard coded into the system. The firmware I'm running now allows 3 or 4 of the icons to run another application, but I can't remember what those are

What is the secret to pairing the wheel buttons under settings.
My came programmed from the factor and work like they should

Thanks @Gtibbot After changing to NOVA, the sound works, "ok google" works, either I wasn't changing the audio source correectly or the volume was too low or Webcarguru doesn't work wioth it.
While backing up, the sound does not work while in the console, but as long as the tablet is the audio source then it works. Wish there was a better way to get the sound from the tablet. The steering wheel controls only work on the console apps, not while streaming audio with the exception of the volume...while messing around, I paired my phone to the tablet and the phone worked great using the built in mic off the tablet, maybe it was thru the factory but the tablet phone app is what was used to answer the call.

I downloaded the PX6 update off the knowledge base but it failed to install, so I still can't change what the upper buttons point to.

do you think you could send me your settings from the tablet, I have to admit I was clicking away and after I clicked a few too many I realized I should have captured the original settings!

I really have no reason for the factory system other than the remote start feature...and the built-in wifi

Gtibbot

Reaction score
Thanks @Gtibbot After changing to NOVA, the sound works, "ok google" works, either I wasn't changing the audio source correectly or the volume was too low or Webcarguru doesn't work wioth it.
While backing up, the sound does not work while in the console, but as long as the tablet is the audio source then it works. Wish there was a better way to get the sound from the tablet. The steering wheel controls only work on the console apps, not while streaming audio with the exception of the volume...while messing around, I paired my phone to the tablet and the phone worked great using the built in mic off the tablet, maybe it was thru the factory but the tablet phone app is what was used to answer the call.

I downloaded the PX6 update off the knowledge base but it failed to install, so I still can't change what the upper buttons point to.

do you think you could send me your settings from the tablet, I have to admit I was clicking away and after I clicked a few too many I realized I should have captured the original settings!

I really have no reason for the factory system other than the remote start feature...and the built-in wifi

When using the SYNC2 system I always get audio when in reverse, but if I'm using Nova I don't. I really haven't spent much time trying to fix this as I don't spend much time driving backwards :) I will play around and see if I can fix.

What file format was the update and how did you try to install? If it is a zip file, you should have the USB drive plugged in with the update, start the truck with the engine running and it will install automatically. If it is a BIN file, its install through System Info>MCU update.

You might try a reset under settings and start from scratch. I don't know how many versions of the MCU are currently available and if they are dependent on the PX6 model, year of the truck, etc. You might contact them to make sure you have the correct MCU file.

abearsfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When using the SYNC2 system I always get audio when in reverse, but if I'm using Nova I don't. I really haven't spent much time trying to fix this as I don't spend much time driving backwards :) I will play around and see if I can fix.

What file format was the update and how did you try to install? If it is a zip file, you should have the USB drive plugged in with the update, start the truck with the engine running and it will install automatically. If it is a BIN file, its install through System Info>MCU update.

You might try a reset under settings and start from scratch. I don't know how many versions of the MCU are currently available and if they are dependent on the PX6 model, year of the truck, etc. You might contact them to make sure you have the correct MCU file.

Thanks again, I tried the PX6.zip file again but with the engine running and it worked. I am now able to change the default programs on the top menu to ones of my choice

Allen

Reaction score
To GTibbot: I noted in your 03NOV/1223 screenshot, the outside temp is displayed in the upper left of the display, next to the screen brightness icon. I can select "temp" display in the tablet system settings to get the number to show, but the temp displayed is nowhere near the actual outside temp. Is your displayed temperature accurate? Do you recall how/what you connected to the tablet to make that happen?
Regards,
Allen

F-150 S-CAB/column shifter/manual AC/SYNC 4" original screen
PX6 8.1 installed

Gtibbot

Reaction score
To GTibbot: I noted in your 03NOV/1223 screenshot, the outside temp is displayed in the upper left of the display, next to the screen brightness icon. I can select "temp" display in the tablet system settings to get the number to show, but the temp displayed is nowhere near the actual outside temp. Is your displayed temperature accurate? Do you recall how/what you connected to the tablet to make that happen?
Regards,
Allen

F-150 S-CAB/column shifter/manual AC/SYNC 4" original screen
PX6 8.1 installed

Mine worked correct out of the box and is accurate, sorry I can't help

G.T.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got all 3 software updates and now unit works perfect. wow so much faster and more features then px4 finally

question how do you get the outside temp to show at top of unit not on sync screen part but the tablet part at very top

Gtibbot

Reaction score
I got all 3 software updates and now unit works perfect. wow so much faster and more features then px4 finally

question how do you get the outside temp to show at top of unit not on sync screen part but the tablet part at very top

Do you have "Display temp" turned on under the Install Set?

5Qh0GDbHvXFTVIpzPY9a9I82x2_meiOmAw.jpg

Gtibbot

Reaction score

What 3 updates do you have? What is your MCU verison?

Thanks

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What 3 updates do you have? What is your MCU verison?

Thanks

direct link i got from phoenix for
PX6 File -
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w2fkp01hsja8sx4/AAAjnu4bVNI3mOTfphcfy59Da/Kovan/px6/1024/10.25.2019?dl=0&preview=px6.zip&subfolder_nav_tracking=1

i had to add them to my drop box for other files which are Simple Can file, factoryset.xml, boot logo image, main logo image these are all up to date as of last fri

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eej66tkyyizllu0/AADvuIq8SaUMdjiSS4gxJFKMa?dl=0